PDA

View Full Version : MIDI's - Custom Loop Problem

Matthew Bluefox
03-28-2008, 05:31 AM
Okay, I've spent some more time with two new quests for my sissy, she loves to play modified Zelda games. *lol* Well, here is the problem:

I can't cut the MIDI files as the menu could do. I can't make a custom loop, it's always returning to "-1". That's a pity, so I have to use MP3's and they keep fading out at the end and restart at the very beginning, butt better than using MIDI's with less quality. If I had the chance to make custom loops, I'd use MIDI's for more authentity.

And a question in the end, just if someone knows, it's not a biggie: Is it already possible to make custom music for certain rooms or bosses or specific sections in the overworld, such as the lost woods and so on?

The_Amaster
03-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Under the MIDI data check if theres two fields labeled Loop Start and Loop end. If there are, play around with them, if not then both that feature and the screen-specific music are in 2.5. ;)
You know, the more recent betas aren't that unstable. A few minor bugs, but nothing crippling lately.

EDIT: Just remembered, if you really don't want t upgrade, you can make different music in different areas by assigning two different DMaps to the same Map, giving them different music, and linking the relevant transition screens by side warps.

Matthew Bluefox
03-29-2008, 05:06 AM
I'm not that good in editing, I just edited existing DMaps by adding new enemies and do some slight editing with bushes or doors or whatever. It's nothing really big, you know.

About the MIDI: Yes, there is a loop start and a loop end, and I edited those values from "-1" to other stuff. One MIDI had "-9" start and "-143" end. When I got back to the MIDI data overview, it said "-1" start and "-1" end again, that's what I tried to describe above.