PDA

View Full Version : Universe at War

Breaker
03-27-2008, 01:45 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B200331A

I just ordered this game today and should get it tomorrow. It's sold out all over town (I hate college towns, grrr). It looks a lot like Starcraft and plays the same, as it's a RTS game. It's multiplatform so you can play on the 360 or PC.

Breaker
03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I've been playing this game for a few hours now and I've got to say it's pretty awesome. I haven't been this impressed with an RTS since Starcraft/Warcraft.

DarkDragoonX
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Hmm... it does look rather interesting, although admittedly RTS is not one of my preferred genres. How's the gameplay? Micromanagement of a bajillion units and their special abilities like Starcraft (which I hate), or is it on a smaller scale like Warcraft 3, where you don't have to deal with too many units and can focus more on abilities (which I enjoy)? Or is it large scale combat without lots of ability micromanagement, and all about troop formation and placement (also good)?

Breaker
03-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow.. I've been glued to this game since I got it. It's single player isn't as great as Starcrafts, but the gameplay is awesome. There are three alien races you choose from and they all play very very differently. I haven't even tried to play against other players yet, as the computer still hands my ass to me. The controls are surprisingly good for the 360 too.