PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist hoax nearly wipes out Oregon man’s possessions

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2008, 05:19 AM
http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_032408_news_craigslist_hoax.1ffb2c9c.html

Jacksonville (OR) – A Jacksonville Oregon man is slowly recovering his possessions after people ransacked his home in response to a pair of Craigslist ads. The ads said the homeowner was preparing to move and that everything was for the taking.

Robert Salisbury returned home to find nearly 30 people rummaging through his stuff. He also saw cars filled to the brim with his possessions driving away. Some of the stuff has been slowly showing back up at the house after police offered amnesty to anyone who returns Salisbury’s possessions.
I ROFL'd at reading this fine article.

Aegix Drakan
03-26-2008, 09:09 AM
:o Oh my...

...That's not very funy, yet makes you chuckle at the same time...the poor guy...

There's a a lesson here. DO NOT TAKE THE FREAKING INTERNET SERIOUSLY.

Glitch
03-26-2008, 10:26 AM
hahaha, wow.

Feasul
03-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I wanna know how they got into his house. If the door was locked, then whoever the first person was to break in should be charged, cause come on, it doesn't matter if you saw it on the internet, a locked door should be a clue. Also, whoever posted the ad on Cragslist should be held responsible for every item taken.