PDA

View Full Version : question for mods...

Master Maniac
03-23-2008, 08:44 PM
the edit button absolutely refuses to work for me. when i click it, it tells me that i dont have permission to preform this action, and then after i click another link or 2 it signs me out and it wont log me back in unless i close the window and pull up a new one.

am i doing something wrong? did i hurt the poor edit button?

and im sorry i bet this isnt the right place to post this but i couldnt think of a better place =)

Gerudo
03-23-2008, 09:47 PM
log out, then clear your temporary internet files (cache) and cookies. try logging back in and editting.

Master Maniac
03-23-2008, 10:07 PM
i did all that and still no editing =(

Prrkitty
03-23-2008, 10:13 PM
1) this area is fine
2) what browser are you using?

Pineconn
03-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Were you banned or anything? That may have screwed it up. Maybe a mod is messin' with ya. :evil:

EDIT: Yeah, I was thinking that maybe your browser is messing you up. Did you change browsers recently, or maybe install some odd program?

Master Maniac
03-23-2008, 10:14 PM
AT&T yahoo

Prrkitty
03-23-2008, 10:20 PM
again... what browser hon... IE? Firefox? go into whichever one you are using and check to see if something looks amiss. Ahead of time... I'm not sure what to tell you to look for.

I use firefox and don't have an issue with the board.

Aliem
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
If it's giving you a permissions error, I'd assume it's a glitch in your account settings. I don't think your connection or browser would cause those kinds of problems.

And you're being forcibly logged out? That's... strange. =\

Master Maniac
03-23-2008, 10:28 PM
i think its plain old internet explorer.

and yeah it automatically logs me out after i click a few links.

Prrkitty
03-23-2008, 10:31 PM
MM... I just sent a private message to DarkDragon (with you included) and asked if he'd look into your account settings to see if things look ok.

Give Darky a chance to investigate and then we'll go from there :)
Hang in there hon :)

Breaker
03-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Are you sure you're clicking the edit link on your own threads? And are you trying to edit or delete your posts?

Master Maniac
03-23-2008, 11:20 PM
yep there isnt a visible edit link on anyone elses posts and all i usually do is try to add stuff or correct myself.

ShadowTiger
03-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Sounds like your AGN cookies are just expiring really fast. Happens me to too after a bit of inactivity (Idleness; doing other things while AGN's window/tab does nothing.) and then I come back to find that I've been logged out, because the page doesn't visually update to show I've been logged out.

So you have checked the "Remember me" box near the login window, every time you log in?

If you do, then I would have to say to clear every AGN cookie (As well as your cache, I think.) on your Browser, and start over again with AGN in terms of your personal settings.

Nicholas Steel
03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
If you use vista, try running IE as a administrator ;) that way it may work and many good websites can wreak some loving havoc on your computer.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-24-2008, 01:43 PM
If you use vista, try running IE as a administrator ;) that way it may work and many good websites can wreak some loving havoc on your computer.

I have a better alternative.

If you use Vista, go back to XP.

Anyways, yeah...I would go with the cache fix.

DarkDragon
03-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Nothing seems wrong on the forum end; you have the correct permissions. AGN's host's SQL has been very unstable lately, so if everything is working again now that was probably the cause. Otherwise, as mentioned above, your browser's probably acting up.

Master Maniac
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
yeah no i dont have vista... and i havent been clicking the remember me tab because it wont do that either

so im just gonna have to make a new profile on here?

ctrl-alt-delete
03-25-2008, 09:44 PM
yeah no i dont have vista... and i havent been clicking the remember me tab because it wont do that either

so im just gonna have to make a new profile on here?

No, that will not fix anything.

You just need to keep messing with your settings until you figure it out.

Try using a different browser, like Firefox.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?from=getfirefox

Master Maniac
03-25-2008, 09:53 PM
i havent been banned or anything... i dont think so anyway. ive had people get on to me for double-posting but other than that no.

i think i might be able to deal with not being able to edit tho. its not that big of a deal just to switch browsers for... i think ill wait because occasionally (like when the server kept going up and down) i would be able to edit my stuff, but now i cant edit anything. and it used to be confined to specific forums too but now its everywhere.

Nicholas Steel
03-25-2008, 10:33 PM
switch browsers and see if problem goes away, if problem stays then i am at a lost of what to do. if it goes away then you can safely say that browser got tampered with without your permission by third evil parties.

erm2003
03-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Make sure you don't have something odd like a firewall setting that could be messing up how the forum operates. Add this site to the safe sites list and see if that does anything to help.

Master Maniac
04-02-2008, 11:23 PM
sorry im bumping this after a week, but its related i swear!

see after the whole fake-banning april fools stuff (and im not sure why) but my edit button works now!!

im so proud of it =)

and no i didnt switch browsers or anything.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Glad to hear your problem was solved. Moral of the story? When somebody is having a problem with the forums, just ban them.

DarkDragon
04-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Sounds good to me :)