PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Secrets Help

The_Amaster
03-23-2008, 12:31 PM
So I'm working on a dungeon in the latest build, and I have a puzzle where you push four blocks onto block triggers in order to cause a barrier to drop and the door to the next room to open.

However, when you come back in the room the barrier is back up and you can't get out.
I have a NES Dungeon DMap with "Treat as interior room" checked, and I've tried checking "All Triggers->Perm Secrets", "all Triggers-> 16-31" and even under carry over info "no reset" on the off chance that that might work.
Even switching to an Interior DMap didn't help. I think it may be because I have a push-block puzzle, but I dunno.

Ideas?

_L_
03-25-2008, 11:41 AM
What you have to do is put a "Trigger (Temporary)" combo on the other side of the door.

Why? ...I'm not sure.

Freedom
03-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Dungeon dmaps are temporary, it won't work like that.
IF you do it with interior dmap, you also need to add permanent triggers to the floor that appear when you push the last block onto the block trigger, they can be hidden under floor tiles on layer 1

The_Amaster
03-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Not sure if this is exactly what L means, but if you set a touch trigger on the other side of the barrier, will it activate secrets when Link re-enters?
As so

W
W B
D T B
D T B
W B Sq<-----Bl
W

W= Wall
D= Door
B= Barrier
Bl= Block
Sq= Block Trigger
T= Step trigger

EDIT: Wait, but that still doesn't solve one of the puzzles I have.
Okay, Freedom, where do you place the Perm. Triggers?

Russ
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
EDIT: Wait, but that still doesn't solve one of the puzzles I have.
Okay, Freedom, where do you place the Perm. Triggers?
I'd guess anywhere on the screen. Just have the floor switch to layer one, and put the permanent triggers on layer zero.

The_Amaster
03-25-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm still slightly confused. Doesn't Link have to step on the trigger?

Freedom
03-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes, put them where he can't miss them, you can cover the whole floor with them if you want to, it really doesn't matter as long as he has to step on one.
OR you can just put them in front of the doorways so when he leaves he hits it.
It's up to you. ;)

The_Amaster
03-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Okay, got it now. Thanks everyone.

The_Amaster
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Sorry for the double post but I wanted this noticed.

Hmm, Freedom's method doesn't seem to work. I don't know why. Made a floor tile, gave it properties "Trigger, SensPerm", and assigned it to secret 17. Placed flag 17s all around every exit, tested it: nada.
I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't a bug, or at least something that needs to be addressed.

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2008, 09:00 PM
try placing flag 17 on the other side of each door too.

The_Amaster
03-26-2008, 09:13 PM
And have secrets carry over then? That might work.

Freedom
03-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry for the double post but I wanted this noticed.

Hmm, Freedom's method doesn't seem to work. I don't know why. Made a floor tile, gave it properties "Trigger, SensPerm", and assigned it to secret 17. Placed flag 17s all around every exit, tested it: nada.
I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't a bug, or at least something that needs to be addressed.

Did you remember to use an interior dmap or room type?
I know this works in beta 718 because I have a room set up just like that, but I haven't upgraded to the 758 yet.

EDIT,
I see this was posted in bugs too, I responded if you want to give me a copy of that quest I'll see if I can get it to work for you.

bobrocks95
03-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Link to quest in bug report reply.

Freedom
03-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Answered what I found over there too. ;)

bobrocks95
03-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Problem fixed, disregard previous message.