PDA

View Full Version : Remake of various zelda games?

Ragnar85
03-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forums, however I have been an avid player of Zelda since I was perhaps 10 years old with Link to the Past being the first Zelda game I played.

I always wanted to get into the original Zelda, but by the time I got reasonable access to it, the graphics and system seemed unwieldly and not as aesthetically pleasing (no offense meant to those that played it when it first came out, the graphics probably have much more nostalgia for you)

I was wondering, is there anyway to find a modification of the original in full form with better graphics and (perhaps, but not necessarily so) very small modifications to the overworld to make it look more aesthetically pleasing to me?

Link to the Past graphics would be ideal.

In addition, can anyone point me to resources on how to use these additional files? Sorry for my ignorance, but I've been reading the material on the site and have been unable to find all of the information I have been seeking. Thanks in advance.

The_Amaster
03-22-2008, 05:02 PM
If you downloaded 2.10, there should be an upgraded version in the folder with GameBoy graphics, and I know theres a LTTP version around. I'll look for it.

And which additional files are you talking about.

King Aquamentus
03-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Actually that's Newfirst. It's a whole lot more than just GB graphics.

As for your inquiry, There are approximately 23 trillion remakes of first quest available, including one for a special ZC build called "Origin". Origin is available in our quest database, but I don't believe the special ZC version is. Please talk to DarkFlameWolf about that.

and no, to any shocked bystanders, this still doesn't mean ZQDX is dead. it isn't. It's only as dead as ZC development, which can be taken any way.

Ragnar, before you go looking for graphical resources to use on your own, it is highly advisable to first make a simple quest in the default tileset, LoZ. Regardless of any opinion of the graphics or any harmful effects they may have on tender eyes, they are the easiest to use and get an understanding of ZC with. Once you have completed a good playable quest of your own (go ahead and submit it if you want, too. Just make sure it works, and look around the board for some guidelines), Then you can get started on more advanced things.

Ragnar85
03-23-2008, 04:10 AM
No no no, I think you misunderstand. I don't want to REMAKE Zelda the original. I doubt I'll get involved, ultimately in the modding scene here. I was just more interested in running the game with slightly improved graphics. I wasn't looking for the first quest only, but rather the entire game, done in slightly better graphics, preferably Link to the Past graphics, but not necessarily so.

And also how to use the program to load these things (when I click on the program, it sends me to regular Zelda 1 with the same graphics as the NES)

The_Amaster
03-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Link. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59715) :)

And check out PureZC's quest compilation. There are a ton of 1st quest remakes there.