PDA

View Full Version : Oh Hell Yes!

biggiy05
03-20-2008, 05:00 PM
I sat for my state fire test today and I passed. The test was by far one of the hardest tests I will ever take in my life and is nothing compared to some tests out there.

Stick a professional in front of firefighter and it's my new title. SCORE!

Beldaran
03-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Way to go biggiy!

The_Amaster
03-20-2008, 05:07 PM
SWEET! Nice job man.

How long have you wanted to be a firefighter?

phattonez
03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Congratulations. Green blocks for Biggiy.

Aegix Drakan
03-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Excellent going Biggiy!

ShadowTiger
03-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Moast awesome. Biggiy is doing something with himself. Nice. :thumbsup:

So what were some of the questions (And their accompanying potential answers) on the exam?

Icey
03-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Congrats! That's a major accomplishment, well done.

Prrkitty
03-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Way to go sweetheart :) Good job!!! You've worked your ass off for this accomplishment. Pat yourself on the back babe :)
<hug>

Archibaldo
03-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Word up G.

Mitsukara
03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Congratulations! Good luck on the work, it's pretty brave stuff!

ctrl-alt-delete
03-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Congratulations, man.

Where do you live?

I'll light some fires for a little job security.

Blisspath
03-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Congratulations, man.

Where do you live?

Congrats!

We had a volunteer fireman in my city who was going around starting fires and showing soon after to help extinguish them..It was only after his third "heroic" act in a week that police became suspicious.

erm2003
03-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Congrats biggiy!

biggiy05
03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
SWEET! Nice job man.

How long have you wanted to be a firefighter?

About five or six.

Moast awesome. Biggiy is doing something with himself. Nice. :thumbsup:

So what were some of the questions (And their accompanying potential answers) on the exam?

Those questions were a nightmare. Kinda hard to remember word for word. The first question was about ventilating a basement and how you go about doing it. A few which statement is in correct, etc. All 125 questions were multiple choice.

Congratulations, man.

Where do you live?

It will be Granville, Ohio in a few months.

moocow
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Ooooh, if you're moving to Granville I have a few choice houses that can be set on fire... Hmmm...

DarkDragoonX
03-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Very nice. Congratulations!

vegeta1215
03-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Congratz man!

A close friend of mine recently graduated from fire fighter academy. It was 28 grueling weeks of training he told me. I definitely have a much bigger respect for him now, as I do you. Stay safe though!

King Aquamentus
03-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Way to go! I had a feeling you'd pass if enough people here believed in you!

So, where do you see yourself ten years from now? You should never stop striving to do the best you can! all that 110% talk coaches talk about means basically "do more than just complete an assignment or task, write it a thank you letter or take it out to dinner or something". Basically, don't pass up on an opportunity to overdo things. Overdoing things is what gets people promoted.

biggiy05
03-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Way to go! I had a feeling you'd pass if enough people here believed in you!

So, where do you see yourself ten years from now? You should never stop striving to do the best you can! all that 110% talk coaches talk about means basically "do more than just complete an assignment or task, write it a thank you letter or take it out to dinner or something". Basically, don't pass up on an opportunity to overdo things. Overdoing things is what gets people promoted.

Working full time at fire dept in Kansas(girlfriend lives there) or working full time/volunteering at a dept here in Ohio. I would love to get on at Westerville, Worthington or even Columbus but Columbus is up in the air.

Thanks everyone.

Lilith
03-21-2008, 10:12 AM
---

Brasel
03-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Dude, you're more of a man than me. I couldn't do it, thats for damn sure. I'll honestly say that fighting fires is WAY more manly than being in the Army, thats for damn sure. Congrats man.

Freedom
03-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Working full time at fire dept in Kansas(girlfriend lives there) or working full time/volunteering at a dept here in Ohio. I would love to get on at Westerville, Worthington or even Columbus but Columbus is up in the air.

Thanks everyone.

I used to live just out of Westerville, just off Sunbury Road, nice little town.
I got my old Duece up to 130 mph between Morse rd. and Sunbury back in the day.
Congrats on your accomplishment.
Be careful out there.

biggiy05
03-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I used to live just out of Westerville, just off Sunbury Road, nice little town.
I got my old Duece up to 130 mph between Morse rd. and Sunbury back in the day.
Congrats on your accomplishment.
Be careful out there.

Westerville is far from being a small town. Three fire stations with 111 being the main station. They run a lot of mutual aid with Columbus. Two high schools, three now I think. It's still a nice area. Morse and Sunbury has changed though. If you can make it 130 on Morse rd. I'll be picking you out of the car with a spatula.

It's still a good area to live in and I wouldn't mind working at one of the stations some day.

Freedom
03-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Westerville is far from being a small town. Three fire stations with 111 being the main station. They run a lot of mutual aid with Columbus. Two high schools, three now I think. It's still a nice area. Morse and Sunbury has changed though. If you can make it 130 on Morse rd. I'll be picking you out of the car with a spatula.

It's still a good area to live in and I wouldn't mind working at one of the stations some day.

I came down Morse from High st. and made a left on to Sunbury road, that's when I hammered it.
You don't really want to do 130 in a Duece on any road, it was floating and totally uncontrollable.
That was back in the early 70's.
I was up there to visit a friend in the mid 90's and it had changed so much I was totally lost the whole time.
That's where I grew up and started driving and all, so yea that area holds a special place.

At Morse rd. and High street there used to be a drive in called Green Gables, we all used to race from there.
Morse was even dangerous back then with traffic.

Master Ghaleon
03-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Congrats ;)