PDA

View Full Version : Funny Things Kids Will Say...

Prrkitty
03-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Will one of the mods please change the title of this thread to ... "The funny things that kids will say"... or something similar. Please and thank you. Teddy decided to walk across my keyboard JUST as I was pasting the content into the reply window. <blah> sorry...

I didn't consider these jokes so figured I'd make this it's own thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What, you ask, is 'Butt Dust?' Read on and you'll discover the joy in a child's sincere originality. No adults in this!!

JACK (age 3) was watching his Mom breast-feeding his new baby sister. After a while, he asked: 'Mom why have you got two? Is one for hot and one for cold milk?'

MELANIE (age 5) asked her Granny how old she was. Granny replied she was so old she didn't remember any more. Melanie said, 'If you don't remember, you must look in the back of your panties. Mine say five to six.'

STEVEN (age 3) hugged and kissed his Mom good night. 'I love you so much that, when you die, I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom window.'

BRITTANY (age 4) had an earache and wanted a pain killer. She tried in vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained it was a child-proof cap, and she'd have to open it for her. Eyes wide with wonder, the little girl asked, 'How does it know it's me?'

SUSAN (age 4) was drinking juice when she got the hiccups. 'Please don't give me this juice again,' she said. 'It makes my teeth cough.'

DJ (age 4) stepped onto the bathroom scale and asked, 'How much do I cost?'

MARC (age 4) was engrossed in a young couple that was hugging and kissing in a restaurant. Without taking his eyes off them, he asked his dad, 'Why is he whispering in her mouth?'

CLINTON (age 5) was in his bedroom looking worried. When his Mom asked what was troubling him, he replied, 'I don't know what'll happen with this bed when I get married. How will my wife fit in?'

JAMES (age 4) was listening to a Bible story. His dad read, 'The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city, but his wife looked back and was turned to salt.' Concerned, J ames asked, 'What happened to the flea?'

TAMMY (age 4) was with her mother when they met an elderly, rather-wrinkled woman her Mom knew. Tammy looked at her for a while and then asked, 'Why doesn't your skin fit your face?'

The Sermon I think this Mom will never forget ... This particular Sunday sermon ... 'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...' He would have continued but, at that moment, my very obedient daughter, who was listening, leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill, little, four-year-old- girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Icey
03-19-2008, 01:57 AM
This demonstrates quite well why I both dislike children and am quite happy to know I will never have them.

I know this stuff is cute to some, but it makes me happy I live on a college campus where I rarely have to come into contact with still developing, intellectually-empty little things.

Archibaldo
03-19-2008, 02:00 AM
Changed it for ya. And yeah, kids will do some pretty crazy things. I remember when my little brother was younger, he would write out our phone number but completely back wards, nut just the order, but the digits as well, it was like holding up a mirror to the paper and what was written was the reflection. It was really creepy.

Prrkitty
03-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Yeah.. but you just gotta admit that sometimes they DO come up with some pretty interesting concepts/thoughts/feeling/emotions/etc :)

rock_nog
03-19-2008, 02:49 AM
This demonstrates quite well why I both dislike children and am quite happy to know I will never have them.

I know this stuff is cute to some, but it makes me happy I live on a college campus where I rarely have to come into contact with still developing, intellectually-empty little things.
HA! I wish I could've avoid coming into contact with still-developing, intellectually-empty little things in college. Ugh, seems like half my college career was defined by those.

Icey
03-19-2008, 03:12 AM
I suppose there are no little ones, but you have a point, a lot of the students can be described that way :o

Nah, I talk big, but I actually love kids when I'm around them. I have 3 nephews and two nieces and they do often say some ridiculous things. Some of those on the list were good for a chuckle.

Feasul
03-19-2008, 04:42 AM
I think it's fascinating to see kids say things like that. I mean, you're seeing an extremely ignorant mind with not-yet-developed cognitive capabilities trying to make sense of the world. Like the kid who met the wrinkly old lady. He saw her wrinkled face, confidently surmised that her skin simply didn't fit her face, and just wanted to know why. You rarely get to see adults make those kind of errors, and when you do it's hilarious, but it's never on the scale you see with kids.