PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System

Breaker
03-18-2008, 01:02 PM
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-49-en-70-1zw1.html

I just ordered this, as well as a mod chip for my ps2 so it can play imported jap titles. It's basically a remake of Final Fantasy 12 with an entirely new job system and several tweaks to the game that make it play even better. Now you have 12 license boards to choose from and you can pick jobs for all of your characters, like it should have been setup from the beginning. The cutscenes are also in english, even though it's a jap import, which is awesome. Japan usually gets remakes like this of titles like Final Fantasy X International, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, etc. They usually get alternate endings and a lot of bonus content. You can buy them cheap at the website above, play-asia.com. If you're into importing games, you might want to check it out.

Gleeok
03-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Awesome. I always contemplated installing a mod chip as it seems like Sony is purposely keeping all the games I want to play from being released stateside. (Seriously not kidding. for every one ps2 game I own there's like two that were never released here. :mad: ) Problem is that import games are so damn expensive that by the time I mod my ps2 and get a few games I'd take a hit of a few hundred dollars. After looking at a few more games, especially the new and improved ff12, I'm seriously thinking about this again.

How much did you end up spending on the mod chip, and are you installing it yourself? I've looked into swap magic disks as well but I've got an older version 7 ps2, and using a slide tool isn't too appealing.

Breaker
03-21-2008, 05:42 AM
I installed it myself. It's not hard.

Aliem
03-22-2008, 03:12 PM
I'll probably wind up importing this, too. The two new game + modes seem interesting, and I'm glad you can control guests and espers in this version.

Darth Marsden
03-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Now I feel somewhat justified in not buying the original when it first came out. One question - are any of these extended editions in English? I've read that the cutscenes have English (Or rather, American) voice-overs, but is the standard text dialogue in Japanese only or can it be changed?

There's a few of these types of 'extended editions' that I've had a passing interest in, but if I can't understand what's being said outside of cutscenes, then what's the point?

The titles I'd specifically like to know about, if you can find out, are:

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+
Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission
Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System

Also, I've got a modded PS2, and I've yet to have any problems with it at all. Mind, I did buy it pre-modded, but whatever.

Aliem
03-23-2008, 10:08 PM
No.. I don't think any of the international versions are available in the US without importing them. I've heard Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ might come stateside, but I dunno.

KingArthur
03-24-2008, 10:10 AM
From what i've heard only the Voiceovers are in english, the text is still all in japanese, which is a shame.

And KH2 final Mix BETTER come here.. i want RE:Chain of Memories dangit

Darth Marsden
03-26-2008, 05:05 AM
Thanks KingArthur, that's what I thought as well. :(

Skulkraken
03-28-2008, 05:31 AM
Personally, I'm not too interested in buying it after reading Hardcore Gamer's import review of it:

"..Square-Enix clearly designed this new License Board with the idea it'd be ten times better than the old one, but the idea really backfired. Each class requires specific Esper licenses in order to use all of its abilities, but you can only license one character to any given Esper. Since you can't change classes, you can't go to a different board if one of their important licenses becomes inaccessible from giving an Esper to another character. Even more bizarre is the way licenses were broken up amongst the different classes, which don't make any sense at all. Time mages can use crossbows, but Archers can't? White Mages wield two-handed swords? Black Mages can steal, poach, and wear heavy armor?..."

The Gambit fixes apparently work as well as advertised, along with the Trial Mode and the Strong and Weak Modes, but the biggest feature in it (the License Boards shaped like Zodiac symbols) got botched, with no option to revert to the old License Board system.