PDA

View Full Version : This may seem strange, but...

Dann Woolf
03-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I like Tingle.

There, I said it.

I think he's a cool character, and Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland proved that Tingle is better as the protagonist than he is as a (not so) supporting character.

Russ
03-14-2008, 03:24 PM
It's official. You are crazy. Tingle is the devil in disguise.

Revfan9
03-14-2008, 04:07 PM
I think Tingle is like the Tails Doll. He was created just so fans could make jokes about him on the internet. Only difference being that Tingle is a Zelda character.

Russ
03-14-2008, 04:10 PM
I think Tingle is like the Tails Doll. He was created just so fans could make jokes about him on the internet. Only difference being that Tingle is a Zelda character.
Actaully, there is another reason he was made. It's so that we can all laugh when somebody pops his balloon in SSBM.

Revfan9
03-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Well he's apparently popular in Japan as well.

Russ
03-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Well he's apparently popular in Japan as well.
Ya, they went as far as to release a game all about him. Madness I tell you, madness!

Dann Woolf
03-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Ya, they went as far as to release a game all about him. Madness I tell you, madness!

It's a good game, and it's why I said Tingle is better as a protagonist.

And, it was released in Europe, but not America.

HOW DOES IT FEEL, YOU SORRY BASTARDS? HOW DOES IT FEEEEEEEEEEEL!!?!?

Russ
03-14-2008, 04:49 PM
To be honest, I don't really care that it wasn't release here. I get a good enough dosage of Tingle from the gameboy Zelda games.

Revfan9
03-14-2008, 04:58 PM
...Actually, the only Zelda in which Tingle has a semi-major part is The Wind Waker, seeing as it's the only game in which you have to interact with Tingle in order to finish.

In the other games he was in, he just gives you something if you talk to him (Getting a linked game item in OoA, or getting Kinstones in TMC). There was also MM, in which he just sold you useless maps.

There's also FSA, but he only talks to you once.

Dann Woolf
03-14-2008, 05:05 PM
...Actually, the only Zelda in which Tingle has a semi-major part is The Wind Waker, seeing as it's the only game in which you have to interact with Tingle in order to finish.

In the other games he was in, he just gives you something if you talk to him (Getting a linked game item in OoA, or getting Kinstones in TMC). There was also MM, in which he just sold you useless maps.

Which is why I called him a (not so) supporting character.

On the subject of Rosy Rupeeland, there's something I've been meaning to ask.

I've heard there's a second costume to be unlocked. Is it something new or just the FAAAAAABULOUS pink tights worn near the end of the game?

Russ
03-14-2008, 05:48 PM

Actually, you need to talk to him in OoA to get the sea chart. You can't beat the game without it.