PDA

View Full Version : Are permanent secret flags in dungeons possible?

AlphaDawg
03-13-2008, 06:41 PM
OK, here's the deal... one of my dungeons in Sarpadia (NES Dungeon DMap) has only trees, no blocks. Passageways are revealed by burning the appropriate tree. Right now whenever the player emerges from the passageway or leaves the room the tree returns. I would like the tree to stay burnt, as though it would in an Overworld DMap. I tried toggling all the relevant screen flags... nothing works. Is this possible? If not it's no big deal and it won't delay the release of Sarpadia.

The_Amaster
03-13-2008, 07:03 PM
The screen flag "Treat as Interior Room" will make secrets permanent, but only in the newer, (quite stable) betas. Your call.

(A quick aside, have you seen the new features? I promise they'll blow you away. Roc's feather, man!)

Pineconn
03-13-2008, 07:13 PM
So basically, this is impossible to do in 2.10 unless you set the DMap type to Overworld or Cave. This is very annoying, I must admit. There should be a simple screen flag called "Flags are permanent" or something of the like.

AlphaDawg
03-13-2008, 07:22 PM
The screen flag "Treat as Interior Room" will make secrets permanent, but only in the newer, (quite stable) betas. Your call.

(A quick aside, have you seen the new features? I promise they'll blow you away. Roc's feather, man!)Thanks very much. I'm finishing up Sarpadia with the latest beta (build 758) as I could not get 2.10 to run at all under Vista. The only problem I've had with the beta is the occasional slowdown, which probably isn't even the fault of the program. Anyway, I'll go ahead and make that quick change as it will make the affected dungeon less frustrating.

I've only begun to scratch the surface of the new ZQuest. I guarantee my next project will encompass many more of the new features. I had to stop myself from adding stuff to Sarpadia so I could finally release it!

EDIT: I tried using that screen flag... while the trees stayed burned it messed with my doors. Shutters and bombable doors vanished, making several of the rooms inaccessible. Is that what's supposed to happen with this flag or might we have a bug on our hands (shoo!)? As it is now, I had to undo the changes.

_L_
03-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Door Combo Sets work with NES Dungeon rooms only! Sorry.

The reason is that only NES Dungeons have that "walk two combos forward when entering rooms" function, and without that, Shutters can be easily escaped.