PDA

View Full Version : There is no God!

rock_nog
03-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Can't be. I just tried a sardine. No merciful Creator would ever allow those things to exist! Honestly, I just saw them at the store, and I thought, "Hey, I've never actually had a sardine. It'll be an interesting experience."

Anybody got any fun bizarre/disgusting food experimentation stories? It's always good to try new things, but there's always a danger.

Beldaran
03-09-2008, 07:17 PM
My friend ate the following sandwich when we were roommates several years ago:

bread
rasberry jam
captain crunch
melted cheese

The smell was horrible. He finished it though. It was either eat the sandwich and continue playing video games, or stop playing video games and go to the store. The choice was clear.

Pteryx
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Triscuits with raspberry preserve and pepperoni. Strange as it may sound, it wasn't half bad.

OTOH, never, ever combine cinnamon and mint. UGH. -- Pteryx

Dechipher
03-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Can't be. I just tried a sardine. No merciful Creator would ever allow those things to exist! Honestly, I just saw them at the store, and I thought, "Hey, I've never actually had a sardine. It'll be an interesting experience."

Anybody got any fun bizarre/disgusting food experimentation stories? It's always good to try new things, but there's always a danger.

I ate my own ejaculate once.

....just kidding.
My friend will sometimes just put random stuff like mustard, jello, ranch dressing, and Dr. Pepper together and eat in the caf. He has some thing where it doesn't really bother him that much. It definitely bothers us more but its fun to watch.

Lilith
03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
---

Pineconn
03-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Caribou is good.

I ate this god awful "razzleberry" pie in Georgia once. It was a basic pie, but the filling was this burgundy-colored junk. It was bitter, seedy, stringy, and about as potent as ammonia.

I threw this crap away and picked up a cherry cheesecake.

Modus Ponens
03-09-2008, 10:37 PM
My friend ate the following sandwich when we were roommates several years ago:

bread
rasberry jam
captain crunch
melted cheese

The smell was horrible. He finished it though. It was either eat the sandwich and continue playing video games, or stop playing video games and go to the store. The choice was clear.

Was it Wolfgang?

Russ
03-09-2008, 11:09 PM

I just want to say, I love sardines. I don't know how you can not like them.

Beldaran
03-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Was it Wolfgang?

Clearly. :)

ctrl-alt-delete
03-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Once, I was offered a dollar to eat old, yellow packaged mayonnaise from Sonic mixed with packaged syrup, also from Sonic.

I was like, "Dollar? A two-liter of Dr. Pepper?"

I ate it.

Russ
03-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Ugh, that sounds so disgusting!

mrz84
03-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Sardines are only good on pizza to me. :kitty:

Feasul
03-12-2008, 05:24 AM
I tried melting some butter into a cup of Sprite earlier. Don't try it, it's bad.
Other than that I just always go for the graveyards when there's a soda fountain nearby. Oh, and I used to like dipping french fries in ice cream, but it's possible that's because it was at McDonald's, so they were neither real french fries nor real ice cream. I'll have to try it with the real thing.
Oh, yeah, and I also like raiding the spice rack at home whenever I have rice at home. Spice rack plus every deli meat there is if it's a sandwich. Try putting cinnamon in the same bowl of rice as hot sauce, now there's an experience.

Brasel
03-12-2008, 05:28 AM
I frequently eat Peanutbutter Thousand Island and Ham sandwiches. Can't beat that combo!

Mitsukara
03-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I used to eat fritos on balony sandwhiches- as in balony and white bread and fritos and nothing else- and swore it was awesome. Then again I was like 7 or less.

I also tried watered-down milk once to make the milk last longer when there wasn't much left. Don't do that, it sucks.

It doesn't always work, but every once in a while there's something amazing about switching back and forth between eating cheese and chocolate chip cookies. They unlock some strange flavor together that I've never tasted anywhere else, a strange creamy tangy flavor.

I had something where someone fried a can of corned beef hash mixed in with mustard and ketchup. It was surprisingly better than I expected but also sounds like an instant heart attack so I've avoided trying it again.

And for some reason I occasionally meet people who look at me like I'm crazy for putting easy cheese on hot dogs. They're either bourgeoises or have no taste, because that's simply awesome. It's one of the two best uses for easy cheese, and I tend to actually prefer it over the more popular (crackers).

ShadowTiger
03-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Sardines? They're really good, unless they have skin and bones. The bones just totally put me off that.

I don't mind eating strange things, I suppose. I often have ice cream and mixed nuts in the same bowl, just to choke 'em down, because nuts are slow to digest, and are as such useful for the day.

Blisspath
03-12-2008, 11:08 AM
We used to get beer money because my best friend would eat basically anything for money. I remember once he threw up and apparently saw a piece of undigested chicken that looked appetizing and ate it.....ah good times:)

Pineconn
03-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Oh, and I used to like dipping french fries in ice cream, but it's possible that's because it was at McDonald's, so they were neither real french fries nor real ice cream. I'll have to try it with the real thing.

Ah yes, nothing beats dipping french fries in a Frosty at Wendy's. Everyone always thinks this is disgusting before trying it... that, and dipping french fries in applesauce. That's actually pretty good.

Feasul
03-12-2008, 05:51 PM
That'd be like applesauce on potato latkes. Sure, it might be traditional for us Jews, but everyone else seems to give strange looks. It's really good, though. I think it beats the heck out of sour cream; I can't stand that stuff.

Shyvus
03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
That'd be like applesauce on potato latkes. Sure, it might be traditional for us Jews, but everyone else seems to give strange looks. It's really good, though. I think it beats the heck out of sour cream; I can't stand that stuff.

Mustard. On latkes.

On everything.

Seriously. Mustard mixed with relish- soft pretzels for dip. Mustard and hummus. Mustard and olive oil and spice- a good dip.

Mmm... mustard...

Oh yeah, hummus rocks too.

erm2003
03-12-2008, 06:42 PM
We used to get beer money because my best friend would eat basically anything for money. I remember once he threw up and apparently saw a piece of undigested chicken that looked appetizing and ate it.....ah good times:)

That reminds me of the time a college friend of mine ate a chicken nugget from a urinal in the dorm bathroom. Just wrong...

Aegix Drakan
03-12-2008, 10:52 PM
That reminds me of the time a college friend of mine ate a chicken nugget from a urinal in the dorm bathroom. Just wrong...

:shakeno: No...I dont' want to...picture...UGH....

What the hell was he THINKING?!?

no wait...forgot punctuation....

What the hell! Was he THINKING?!?

Icey
03-12-2008, 11:04 PM

Has he been tested for diseases yet?

erm2003
03-13-2008, 05:18 AM
^^ We just figure is a walking mess anyway. He is fine somehow. Disgusting but fine.

Brasel
03-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Mustard and hummus.

I read that as "Mustard and humans". I was about to reply on your cannibalistic ways, but then I realized maybe a reread was worth it.