PDA

View Full Version : US Marine tosses frightened puppy off cliff

King Aquamentus
03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
http://blog.synthesis.net/2008/03/03/david-mortari-puppy-killer/

David Mortari, while on duty, thought it would be an excellent idea to create a youtube video showing how tough he is: by grabbing a frightened puppy by the neck, waving it in front of a camera, then, with all his might, chucking the animal off a cliff.

the blog also shows that his commanding officers were contacted, and responded saying he would be dealt with accordingly. "This does not reflect the high standards we expect from every Marine, and if this is one of ours, he will be appropriately dealt with."

http://blog.synthesis.net/2008/03/03/why-does-the-world-hate-us/#comment-104172

Be aware that the above link contains the ex marine's video, if you're trying to avoid it.

Beldaran
03-09-2008, 12:36 AM
While there is no excuse for such a video or even joking about it, I'm suspicious that it might not be real.

The puppy doesn't seem to move... at all. Even while in the air you can't see it's legs flailing. It looks like it might have already been dead. As for the yelp... easily edited in.

Whether it's real or not, it's a sick video and those guys should be harshly punished for being unprofessional ass holes.

Revfan9
03-09-2008, 12:47 AM
As an animal lover, that Marine shall be dead and in my freezer within the next 3 hours. Brb.

King Aquamentus
03-09-2008, 01:00 AM
This soldier, needless to say, made our country only look worse. But more immediately, he made the rest of our soldiers look just as bad, not to mention his own company.

Real soldiers balance a lot more than just how much stuff they get to shoot, everyone capable of reading on an internet forum knows that. Obviously, our soldiers balance the two great priorities of protecting their own lives and those of innocents.

Real soldiers however often gauge another critical factor, which no doubt causes them a lot of stress. They strain to maintain as good an image as they can in a world where that good image is very fragile and often shattered anyways.

On this very board, there are soldiers. Whenever something like this happens, you guys know it gets reflected on you. As if the direct experiences of the war aren't enough, this is what you get to see in people's faces over there when they look at you, and may very well also be what you get to experience when you come home. Hatred and misunderstanding, because of the local dipshit.

But mostly, I just want you to know that we don't see you in that light.

Russ
03-09-2008, 02:58 AM
Wow, why would he does something like that. It seems so cruel.

Gerudo
03-09-2008, 03:17 AM
i had a long post written up but then my browser crashed, so here's the tl'dr version.

the dog doesn't move at all, even when thrown, it keeps the 'fetal postition'. so it's my opinion that the dog is fake. anyone who has animals know that if you lightly toss any small animal in the air, it flails. in this case, the dog does not.

it doesn't make the gesture any less deplorable, and the marine should be disciplined accordingly as if it were real, to make an example out of him to solidify that this type of offensive behavior is not (and should not be) tolerated by anyone in the armed forces.

Beldaran
03-09-2008, 03:58 AM
i had a long post written up but then my browser crashed, so here's the tl'dr version.

the dog doesn't move at all, even when thrown, it keeps the 'fetal postition'. so it's my opinion that the dog is fake. anyone who has animals know that if you lightly toss any small animal in the air, it flails. in this case, the dog does not.

it doesn't make the gesture any less deplorable, and the marine should be disciplined accordingly as if it were real, to make an example out of him to solidify that this type of offensive behavior is not (and should not be) tolerated by anyone in the armed forces.

Wow, thanks for quoting my post!

Revfan9
03-09-2008, 04:03 AM
It shouldn't be tolerated that a human being would do something like that (Let's ignore the possibility that the vid was a hoax for a moment here), him being a US Marine is irrelevant.

Aegix Drakan
03-09-2008, 02:54 PM
...ass...HOLE.

We don't need any more of this animal cruelty crap (even if it was faked). I hope the guy gets fired, and then further owned by karma.

I have very little patience for this kinda thing. It's bad enough that KFC is doing shit to their chickens, so we don't need other retards doing it!

MottZilla
03-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Fake. Even if it was real, he'd just be one of many assholes.

Prrkitty
03-09-2008, 04:25 PM
On this very board, there are soldiers. Whenever something like this happens, you guys know it gets reflected on you. As if the direct experiences of the war aren't enough, this is what you get to see in people's faces over there when they look at you, and may very well also be what you get to experience when you come home. Hatred and misunderstanding, because of the local dipshit.

But mostly, I just want you to know that we don't see you in that light.

Quoted for emphasis. Anthony... may this dipshits actions *never* haunt you, and all of our other soldiers, in any way, shape or form.

<sigh> There's absolutely no reason for his actions and cruelty. No reason for him to *think* that what he did could/would be seen in *any* positive light.

King Aquamentus
03-09-2008, 05:16 PM
It is indeed likely that this is not a real animal. At least not one that is alive. I'll say however that judging by velocity and the way the creature hangs, if it isn't a beanbag plush, it's something that once was alive. Take a good look at it.

Pineconn
03-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I agree, the dog isn't real (or alive). It doesn't try to escape while the marine is grabbing it by the head.

Gerudo
03-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Wow, thanks for quoting my post!
Had I realized that my wording was near pretty much the same as yours, I wouldn't have said anything. I guess great minds think alike, or some junk like that.

*shrugs*

I also love your sarcasm.

Beldaran
03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Had I realized that my wording was near pretty much the same as yours, I wouldn't have said anything. I guess great minds think alike, or some junk like that.

*shrugs*

I also love your sarcasm.

hehe I wasn't mad. Just being my usual assish self.

Prrkitty
03-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Quoted for emphasis. Anthony... may this dipshits actions *never* haunt you, and all of our other soldiers, in any way, shape or form.

<sigh> There's absolutely no reason for his actions and cruelty. No reason for him to *think* that what he did could/would be seen in *any* positive light.

-----------------------

Old-skool... I didn't mean (in post #11 of this thread) to imply that I was calling you the "dipshit". Promise. I was quoting your comment - for emphasis because what you said... I agreed with. :)

Oh and just to be clear (in case anyone else doesn't know)... Anthony is one of our members who is also a soldier - and who also is at this moment ... in Iraq.

King Aquamentus
03-11-2008, 12:24 AM
-----------------------

Old-skool... I didn't mean (in post #11 of this thread) to imply that I was calling you the "dipshit". Promise. I was quoting your comment - for emphasis because what you said... I agreed with. :)

Oh and just to be clear (in case anyone else doesn't know)... Anthony is one of our members who is also a soldier - and who also is at this moment ... in Iraq.

?? ...I never said you did call me that... Did I miss something?

Prrkitty
03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Apparently I misunderstood also... sorry for the confusion. :)