PDA

View Full Version : Personal Brawl Delay..

Anthus
03-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Man. You wait nearly two years for something, and on the eve of the midnight release, you get a massive blizzard that shuts down roads and business. This is Ohio. Central Ohio. We never get more than four inches at a time, and now we have an average of 8-18 inches out there. Grr. Way to block the cock, weather, way to freakin' block..

Hopefully, I'll have Brawl tomorrow or Monday; Tuesday at the very latest. Next, I'll need to get a Wii USB intarweb thingy so I can upload my awesome stages :P

Pineconn
03-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the club. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1165647&postcount=10) :)

It is pretty stupid, I must admit. I like how the entire state has to shut down just because some people can't slow down while on their way to the local Wal-Mart.

Revfan9
03-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Reading this sortof makes me happy that it never snows here.

Aegix Drakan
03-08-2008, 11:06 PM
It's Pretty bad here too.

>_> Seriously. It's led to my friends and I all having something in common for our MSN comments. There are things like: "I looked ou the window...wait, that's not accurate, I TRIED to look out the window" and "who's the wise guy casting Blizzaga repeatedly outside?!?"

It's like a wall of snowflakes was there all day. And I think it's still going now. :o

aaaaand I'm only gonna get brawl once I get a Wii. And unless I get some better luck...it's gonna be a while.

Pineconn
03-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Who scratched their dandruff-infested hair all over my lawn?

Reading this sortof makes me happy that it never snows here.

The "it's-sunny-all-the-time-here-so-this-place-is-the-best-place-to-live" attitude makes me happy that it does snow here. School cancellations, snowball fights, snowmen, and sheer beauty FTW!

rock_nog
03-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Yah, I originally came to Minnesota because it does snow here. Even though winter sucks, snow is fun, and besides - it makes you appreciate spring and summer that much more. Besides, I used to live in south Texas, where it's practically a desert and everything is brown year round. I like green. Though, the most awesome thing ever was the Christmas in McAllen where it snowed for the first time in over a hundred years. So cool.

And don't worry - I've got my own personal Brawl delay - just blew a wad of cash on a cheap guitar, so I'll be holding off for a while.

The_Amaster
03-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Yeah, it's snowing here, but its not bad enough to close the roads. Thankfully.
Although I had to shovel, ugh.
*mutters* Damn 50 foot driveway up a hill.

Anthus
03-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Yup.. They said on the news we got 20 inches. That's a new record and the last on was 15 inches set in 1910.

Aegix Drakan
03-08-2008, 11:58 PM
My deepest sympathies, Amaster. I hate shoveling too, but I can't IMAGINE a 50 foot walkway...ON A HILL.

@_@ that's crazy.

DarkDragoonX
03-09-2008, 02:36 AM
I hate shoveling too, but I can't IMAGINE a 50 foot walkway...ON A HILL.

Uphill both ways.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Gerudo
03-09-2008, 03:28 AM
suckers.

i plan on getting my copy come hell or high water. i've braved the elements so far, and not a damn thing short of a massive city power outage or several FEET of snow in the next 5 hours is going to stop me.

;)

Revfan9
03-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Who scratched their dandruff-infested hair all over my lawn?

The "it's-sunny-all-the-time-here-so-this-place-is-the-best-place-to-live" attitude makes me happy that it does snow here. School cancellations, snowball fights, snowmen, and sheer beauty FTW!

I live in Maryland, so close to the bay that the warm water keeps the air too warm during the winter for it to snow anything over an inch. A 20 minute drive away from where I live gets school canceled, and we still have to go. It sucks, because it's still cold as balls through winter anyway, and it's always hot as hell in the summer and, since we live so close to the waterfront it's at about 100% humidity every day. And it's not an ocean, it's a bay. So no real beaches either. It sucks, it's like we get the worst part of everything.

Anthus
03-09-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm so pissed right now.. I don't think you understand..

I got Brawl at 4:29 today. I got home about thirty minutes ago, and had hoped to play it.

No. Just.. No.

My Wii won't read the disc.

Apparently, it is the first Wii game to use duel layered DVDs so some copies are jacked up. Luckily two of my friends are picking up their copies, and are coming over to play it.. hopefully.

But dammit.. I have to wait another twenty four hours..

erm2003
03-09-2008, 07:48 PM
This is the problem that happened in Japan when Brawl was first released there.

http://gamesgadgets.wordpress.com/2008/02/04/japanese-super-smash-bros-brawl-disc-read-error-on-wii/

Hopefully you don't have to go through all this. I am really hoping this problem is minimized more with the release here. I'm crossing my fingers that mine works fine when it arrives later this week.

EDIT: Here is the USA link for Nintendo's support dealing with the console's disk errors when trying to play Brawl:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameSSBB.jsp

Anthus
03-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Dammit. That would seriously suck.

Gerudo
03-09-2008, 08:33 PM
When I tried to click the Disc Channel to pull up the game (it wouldn't read it from the main channel menu), it wanted me to update the Wii. Not sure if any of you have tried that, but I played all friggin day today with ZERO problems after said update.

erm2003
03-09-2008, 09:03 PM
I knew there was going to be an update involved. Hopefully that's all I will have to do once I get it. Tobais I really hope you don't have to send it in for the cleaning, but even if you do at least they say they can get it back to you within a week.

The_Amaster
03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah, my friends and I had a second Wii set up so we could run two at once, and the same thing happened to one of them. Turns out because his Mom smokes, the dust/ash kinda gums up the reader. Fine for most games, but not for Brawl... So he's gotta send it in.

Something of a problem, neh?

Aegix Drakan
03-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Update, huh? Sounds like I'll need to randomly drop by my old buddy's house to borrow his Wi-fi when I get a Wii to play this on. (He lives about 20 minutes from me, so it's not too bad.)

...once again, I weep for my lack of Wi-fi...Oh when I get a job...I will get something better than ******* dial up.

The_Amaster
03-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Was it a Wi-Fi update, or a transfer from the Brawl disc? I have Wi-Fi, so I didn't really pay much attention, but I find it hard to believe that they would restrict something needed for such a popular game to those with internet access on their Wii's.

erm2003
03-09-2008, 10:45 PM
It should be an internet download. They did it before with Super Mario Galaxy and possibly others too.

Anthus
03-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Shit on cocks.. Okay, I have to send it across the ocean.. But, I did manage to establish internet connection on my neighbor's server. I'll go check my friend code, and add it to my profile.

So, within a week, I'll have it back, and be online =D

But man, I took my copy and played it over at a friends house, and the three of us played for nearly 20 hours straight, and went to bed around 5 last night, and got up again at 11. We did a chunk of the subspace emissary. I don't care what any review says, the SE is awesome, especially in co-op mode.

erm2003
03-10-2008, 10:31 PM
It's not really going across the ocean. They have repair centers in a few different areas of the country. I am sure it will be sent to one of those. At least that's what happened when I had to get my GC repaired.

Anthus
03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I know :P

It was an expression more than anything. If it was going out of the US, it'd take longer.

At any rate, feel free to add me giez... I'll be one when I'm on :/

FC: 2882 4668 1880 5708

Kairyu
03-11-2008, 10:16 AM
It should be an internet download. They did it before with Super Mario Galaxy and possibly others too.

Um, I definately didn't need to do an internet download to update my Wii when I played SMG the first time.

erm2003
03-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Um, I definately didn't need to do an internet download to update my Wii when I played SMG the first time.

Strange. I remember having to do it with my system. Maybe you somehow got the update ahead of time.

Kairyu
03-11-2008, 11:05 PM
I reaaally doubt that. I don't see any reason at all why the update can't just be on the disc.

Actually, I'm certain that an internet connection is not needed because if it was there would be a huge flood of posts from people who don't have internet connections saying "omg wtfax bralw am unwerking sakura u r a hueg bisaxula poler baer!!!!!!11111" And there's not.

Anthus
03-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Nah, I already came to the conclusion it wasn't an update based problem because the copy played fine on both of my friends' Wiis, and once I got an internet connection on mine, it still wouldn't play (Or update for that matter). Plus, Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime 3 both updated from the disc.

So, I sent my Wii out today, and will be brawlin' shortly.