PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop...

ctrl-alt-delete
03-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Is going to release Brawl to me at 8:00PM because it is my birthday and I am going to a Party in another town(so I will not be able to get it at Midnight).

Bwahaha.

Which reminds me...

Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday, fuckers.

You're all banned.

Russ
03-08-2008, 07:53 PM
You get to get it early? You are so lucky!

ctrl-alt-delete
03-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I would post pictures...but something tells me nobody cares THAT much.

Who knows. Maybe I will.

The_Amaster
03-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Damn Yooooooooooooou!!!!!!!!

XMuppetSB
03-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Happy Birthday, ctrl-alt-delete.

Rijuhn
03-08-2008, 08:58 PM
That's cool that GameStop is loving you like that. The opposite happened to me, and countless other Brawl Fans. Let me explain...

I called the guy at GameStop earlier today to reconfirm the time that the tournament was going to be held. He told me at 10 pm, so I said cool...and it was cool, until he proceeded to tell me that I couldn't participate because Nintendo had to take over the tournament and limit the entrants to 32, which meant that the day that Nintendo took over the tournament 32 people signed up. About two weeks ago the guy at GameStop told me to just show up around 9 pm for registration tonight, and that there was no registration prior to the night of the event.

So sometime between two weeks ago and now Nintendo wanted to make it an offical tournament, and without my knowledge I was stoked and prepared to be in this really cool tournament. Oh well...Ultimately as long as I get Brawl I'll be happy.

Russ
03-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh well...Ultimately as long as I get Brawl I'll be happy.
Likewise with me. I have to get Brawl. Maybe AGN could have a tournament.

erm2003
03-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Well congrats on getting it a few hours early and happy birthday. I guess you will have to be the first to create a friend codes thread. ;)

Prrkitty
03-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Happy birthday, hope you have a very good day...and enjoy your new game :)

Pineconn
03-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Happy birthday, ctrl-alt-delete! (I never check the birthdays, anyway.)

My local GameStop canceled the Brawl tourney and the midnight release of Brawl thanks to the "Ohio blizzard" (which actually dumped only 9½" in a day and a half where I'm at). Wimps that can't drive.

Aegix Drakan
03-08-2008, 11:10 PM
YOU...YOU...YOUUUUUU...

/me fires the confetti Cannon at ctrl-alt-Delete!

....ah well, happy birthday you lucky son of a gun. :P

ctrl-alt-delete
03-09-2008, 04:38 AM
It was really awesome to receive it early. Overall, I had the best birthday of my entire life...and certainly the best day of my life.

I got to play a couple of matches, but naturally, I am way too intoxicated to play it anymore tonight.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. Goodnight.

Dechipher
03-09-2008, 05:16 AM
Happy Birthday. Which Game Stop did you go to? My friend preordered a copy at the Game Stop by Penn Square (not in, but the one by Moe's and Wall-Mart (if you haven't eaten at Moe's you need to!)) and they decided not to do the "being open at midnight" thing so we just went to Blockbuster and got it there.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-09-2008, 09:58 AM
SW 3rd.

The one just south of the Walmart Supercenter on Reno and MacArthur.

God, I am so hungover.

Seriously. I had such a good time.

So, who has been playing Brawl?

I got a couple multiplayer matches in last night, but I will not be able to get some good time with it until tonight around 8:00 or so.

Dechipher
03-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I played some matches last night. I love Diddy Kong so much. Metaknight pisses me off, because anyone can use him and destroy. He's a cheap character. Final smashes are cool and aren't as unfair as I thought. This is the first time I haven't bought a Smash game on launch, as I don't have a Wii. I'd really like to use the stage builder and go through subspace emmisary, so I might buy a wii.

Aegix Drakan
03-09-2008, 02:36 PM
:o Forget what I said about you bieng a lucky son of a gun.

My best friend went to pick up a copy at EBgames this morning, and I suddenly get a phone clal from him while shoveling the ton of snow on the driveway.

>_> Aparrently, a firend of his had already mad ea preorder for him, without knowing that he already had made a preorder. Ergo, he now has 2 copies, one of which he is giving to me. :D

...now I just need a Wii to play it on... *REDOUBLES EFFORTS TO GET A WII!!!*

ctrl-alt-delete
03-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Hahaha.

You think you are lucky because you are going to receive a free copy of SSBB?

Apparently, you do not know much about me.

Anyways...

Been playing quite a bit of multiplayer, local and online.

Online has lag, but not enough to bother me.

Tomorrow is my day off of work, so we should get some AGN multiplayer going.

Pineconn
03-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the idea of an AGN Brawl tourney. Well, you guys have fun with that. I'll play Twilight Princess for the eighth time...

Dechipher
03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Hahaha.

Anyways...

Tomorrow is my day off of work, so we should get some AGN multiplayer going.

Haha. Mini-cooper what what!

Mitsukara
03-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Gamestop stopped being cool when they did away with used games that were older than 2000 (and they stopped being awesome when they did away with NES/SNES/Genesis games in the first place), and also did away with game-and-anime-relevant merchandise items (mostly action figures being what I'm thinking of, I believe they still sell keychains and overpriced NES controller wallets and the like).

I cannot think of a single thing I would buy at gamestop, because by the time I buy any videogames they're usually old and used.

Screw you, Gamestop. The internet and stores in Seattle and even the occasional pawn shop automatically >s you.

Grumble, grumble...

Now, if you're actually buying new games, I'm sure Gamestop is okay. You little punks.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Haha. Mini-cooper what what!

Good call...among other things.

Still driving it and loving every minute of it.

As for you, Jennifer, Gamestop does not really bother me because any game N64 or prior, I just use emulation.

The only games I purchase from them are GCN and Wii. I got everything else covered illegally.

:-p

ShadowTiger
03-12-2008, 11:42 AM

Anyways...

Tomorrow is my day off of work, so we should get some AGN multiplayer going.Heheh, <3 GG on all of those, once again. I'm still utterly floored. Does she still purr like a kitten? :D

Tomorrow is my day off too. I'll probably be spending it studying, but eh, who knows. I'm always on in the evenings, considering my rather private personal Wii setup. Info is in my sig, etc.

Games are covered in a similar way. Only Wii and GCN games are purchased. I only even need WoW and Brawl, so I'm good for years to come.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Heheh, <3 GG on all of those, once again. I'm still utterly floored. Does she still purr like a kitten? :D

Tomorrow is my day off too. I'll probably be spending it studying, but eh, who knows. I'm always on in the evenings, considering my rather private personal Wii setup. Info is in my sig, etc.

Games are covered in a similar way. Only Wii and GCN games are purchased. I only even need WoW and Brawl, so I'm good for years to come.

Yeah, she does.

Don't forget Mario Kart, man.

I don't care if you hate Mario Kart...everyone at AGN is going to buy Mario Kart for some Wi-Fi multiplayer, or I am going to ban you all...with my inability to ban users.

Breaker
03-12-2008, 02:49 PM
wasn't there supposed to be a "download a custom stage a day" feature in SSBB offered by Nintendo? if there is, how do you access it?

Pineconn
03-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Don't forget Mario Kart, man.

I don't care if you hate Mario Kart...everyone at AGN is going to buy Mario Kart for some Wi-Fi multiplayer, or I am going to ban you all...with my inability to ban users.

I guarantee I'd join in....if I had a Wii. I'd own all of you at Mario Kart with my mini-turbos. It's a shame that Nintendo is changing the mini-turbo system so people can use the stupid Wiil (or whatever it's called :p) and so n00bs don't feel left out. Yet again, any skill involved at a video game is being drained so "everyone" can play.

Breaker
03-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Yet again, any skill involved at a video game is being drained so "everyone" can play.

Or you can buy a big boy system like the 360.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
wasn't there supposed to be a "download a custom stage a day" feature in SSBB offered by Nintendo? if there is, how do you access it?

"And Nintendo itself is planning to deliver even more levels your way in the future by way of WiiConnect24 – the publisher will send you a handpicked user-created fight stage per day, every single day. Still, there's one big limitation: you won't be able to save these user-created arenas."

This should help.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/858/858276p1.html

At least that way, you can keep the levels.

Grasshopper
03-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Or you can buy a big boy system like the 360.
I'll stick with a man system, my gaming pc. ;)

I thought this was going to be an "I hate GameStop" thread. How disappointing.