PDA

View Full Version : Stop protecting the stupid!

Dark Nation
03-07-2008, 09:09 AM
http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/03/05/brits-britproof-britain-for-texters/

I swear. We're at the top of the food chain. Start acting like we deserve the spot.

It's not just that they are padding lampposts because people trip and hit them or can't see them at night if the light isn't working. It plainly states that they are doing this because so many people are more concerned with what's displayed on the screen of a device in their hand than they are with large, painful, metal obstructions in their walk path.

Humans are the ONLY species on the planet that protect the stupid like this. And that's why there are so many of them. They aren't getting killed off before they can reproduce like the weak members of other species are.

MasterSwordUltima
03-07-2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/1765772958_padding_protect_pedestrians.jpg

Ahahahah. Seriously though, this is why the events of 28 Days/Weeks Later will happen. [no offense Obi, where-ever the hell you are]

I find it interesting how only the one side of the poll is padded though. I find it more interesting how a photographer managed to get that shot, or does it really happen that often?

Russ
03-07-2008, 11:16 AM
For Pete's sake, is this really necessary? If they are so absorbed in their texting, then let them hit their heads on the light posts.

Beldaran
03-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I think they should install giant, electrified spikes on the posts, so that if you run into one you get an automatic Darwin award.

Shyvus
03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I think they should install giant, electrified spikes on the posts, so that if you run into one you get an automatic Darwin award.

I agree, except for the people who would walk into poles because they trip or because the sidewalks are crowded and they get knocked into them. *has done both*

Aegix Drakan
03-07-2008, 02:21 PM

...*FACEPALM!!!*

What the hell... You're not supposed to text WHILE WALKING IN A CROWDED STREET/SIDEWALK!

...It is official. Common sense has left the planet.

...Might as well throw in the towel and made all the cars out of NERF.

Yoshiman
03-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Ahahahah. Seriously though, this is why the events of 28 Days/Weeks Later will happen.
That's the movie with the rage virus, right? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. The infected will just keep running into all the lamp posts and end up killing themselves due to head trauma. :p

The_Amaster
03-07-2008, 06:35 PM
... ...
*stares*

Please...please tell me that this is a joke.

Really?
Well, I disowned the human race a long time ago for stuff like this. Can't say it really suprises me that much.

Aegix Drakan
03-07-2008, 10:40 PM
That's the movie with the rage virus, right? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. The infected will just keep running into all the lamp posts and end up killing themselves due to head trauma. :p

:lol: Woot! humanity saved by Lamposts and numbskulls!

oh...

...>_> no pun intended.

ShadowTiger
03-08-2008, 07:10 PM
You know what would make me at least a little bit happier? If that happened to someone while reading a book rather than looking at their phone or whatever.

Russ
03-08-2008, 07:55 PM
You know what would make me at least a little bit happier? If that happened to someone while reading a book rather than looking at their phone or whatever.
*Whistles* I will admit, I am guilty of doing this.

Icey
03-10-2008, 04:59 AM
There are plenty of morons around - no doubt about it. I know someone who can't use a knife and fork. He only uses a spoon... and he even has trouble with that. You should see him try to eat steak. Nothing medically wrong with him, he's just a moron.

So while this thread is no new news to me at least it gave me a nice pic to hang up. Although it's probably staged... still funny. In a depressing way.