PDA

View Full Version : New custom enemy sizes?

Revfan9
03-05-2008, 10:27 PM
* Fun thing number two: Though currently only doable via scripting, variable sized enemies, items, and weapon projectiles are now possible. Remember that extend variable each had? Set them to 3 or higher (1 or 2 are identical to Link's 16x32 and 24x32 sizes respectively) and they will switch to a new drawing mode that takes the arguments TileHeight and TileWidth and draw the sprite at that size. Additionally, one can change the offset from the enemy's position to start drawing the sprite, as well as the offsets and size of the sprite's collision box (so variable sized weapon projectiles are possible as well). More information when the new build comes out.

I read that and now I'm forced to consider getting back into quest building. How exactly would you go about setting this up?

jman2050
03-06-2008, 03:43 PM
The problem with variable enemy sizes is that no matter what, the enemy will still THINK it's 16x16 unless I change it further, which can break the enemy code. However, graphically you can literally make it as big as the screen, and you can change the bounding box of his collision so that your weapons affect a larger area. It'll be explained in detail when the new beta comes out if needed.

This was more to finally get custom-sized projectiles out there, although I did the enemy code (and the Link code currently, to a degree. No custom size Link right now guys) too to be consistent :)

Russ
03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
No custom size Link right now guys)
Wait, we have custom sized Link. I've seen him in quests before.

Revfan9
03-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I think he means custom-sized as in bigger than 24x32.

...Even though I can't think of a single reason why you would ever want a Link tile THAT big, but w/e. More questbuilding options can't hurt anything.

jman2050
03-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Actually, I can think of a few situations where one would want the player character smaller ;)

bobrocks95
03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Minish Cap, FTW!

Russ
03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Actually, I can think of a few situations where one would want the player character smaller ;)
Oh. That could be usefull.