PDA

View Full Version : Can ZC handle "parallel" items?

Pteryx
03-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Is it possible to arrange things such that Link can have, side by side, items that would normally be different levels of the same item -- for instance, the normal sword progression plus a seperate item that behaves similarly, the wand both with and without the book upgrade, or even simply both regular and remote bombs without having to use up the Super Bomb slot? A strange question, I know... but it is something I need to know in order to figure out how to make a particular sort of custom item. -- Pteryx

Russ
03-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Sadly, I don't think this is possible.

The_Amaster
03-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Actually, I think it might be. I don't know the specifics, but mess around with the "Keep Lower Level Items" quest rule. I think it's supposed to do that somehow.

EDIT: Nope, sorry, just checked. Don't think you can then.

Pteryx
03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Hmm. I wonder how I can accomplish what I'd like to do, then. Basically, I'd like to make an item that has some significant overlap with the White Sword, but also some key differences. Specifically:

* Can be used as a melee weapon.
* Interacts with Slash -> Next and Tall Grass combos the same way as a sword.
* Can trigger White Sword and lower flags.
* Slower slash speed than the sword.
* Does not have a ranged function (no sword beam, etc.)
* Doesn't work with Spin Attack, etc.
* Can trigger its own flag type (scripted) that no level of sword can. Think cutting down bamboo.

I wouldn't be shocked if this isn't doable yet, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? -- Pteryx

The_Amaster
03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Actually, it's a feature I've been meaning to request post-2.5
On the subscreen editor the ability to select weather a Current Item displays the most current level of an item, or a specific level.
So we'll see.

jman2050
03-05-2008, 02:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=257ruyWWvrE

Not much of what Pteryx requested in his latest post can be done currently, but still, this should help somewhat.

Pteryx
03-05-2008, 03:36 AM
Her, but cool. :) That at least lets me know I have someplace to start from for my scythe -- or at least a placeholder for it -- if I figure out how... -- Pteryx

The_Amaster
03-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Whoa whoa, Jman, how did you do that in the video?

Pteryx
03-05-2008, 07:44 PM
* Fun thing number one: The "Current Item" subscreen object now has a new variable, called "Item Override." Under normal circumstances, the object will select the highest level item in the selected family during gameplay, but if Item Override is anything other than -1, it will instead select that item directly. This allows one to have different selectable items within the same family (selectable swords, arrows, etc). Make sure to test that everything works correctly.

Ooh, so you made the answer to my original question yes. :) Thanks; that should open up lots of possibilities! -- Pteryx