PDA

View Full Version : What do you want in a new Mega Man quest version?

Endarire
03-04-2008, 12:42 AM
NOTE: There is no guarantee your suggestion(s) will be implemented, there is no expected release date, and all suggestions are subject to programming limits. Finally, these suggestions will go toward a third version of the current Mega Man quest (link (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82838)), not a completely new quest.

With that said, be as concise as possible. If you believe there's a bug, explain the bug, don't just say "Fix the bug with the stairs, plz!" Also, I listed many points on the currently last page in the linked post above.

Endarire's List
1: Heavily revise the story and dialog to increase clarity, reduce rambling, and make the story sensical. I've already started on this.

2: Include ZC 2.5 items such as the Roc's Feather.

3: ZC devs, I'm lookin' to you on this one: Allow for an easily-selected menu system. In part of the game, Mega Man must enter a password to continue, but entering the password is so clunky that I got it wrong because my key presses weren't registerring.

4: ZC devs, allow more than 2 buttons for abilities. Instead of just A and B, allow quest authors to include C, D, E, etc.

5: ZC devs, allow disabling of buttons. For example, if my sword is bound to A and bomb is bound to B, then disabling B will prevent me from laying bombs, tossing a boomerang, or any other item associated with B. This is mostly useful for cutscenes when I don't want to waste ammo or worry about killing myself because I'm unsure what button to push.

Gleeok
03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
NOTE: There is no guarantee your suggestion(s) will be implemented, there is no expected release date, and all suggestions are subject to programming limits. Finally, these suggestions will go toward a third version of the current Mega Man quest (link (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82838)), not a completely new quest.

With that said, be as concise as possible. If you believe there's a bug, explain the bug, don't just say "Fix the bug with the stairs, plz!" Also, I listed many points on the currently last page in the linked post above.

Endarire's List
1: Heavily revise the story and dialog to increase clarity, reduce rambling, and make the story sensical. I've already started on this.

2: Include ZC 2.5 items such as the Roc's Feather.

3: ZC devs, I'm lookin' to you on this one: Allow for an easily-selected menu system. In part of the game, Mega Man must enter a password to continue, but entering the password is so clunky that I got it wrong because my key presses weren't registerring.

4: ZC devs, allow more than 2 buttons for abilities. Instead of just A and B, allow quest authors to include C, D, E, etc.

5: ZC devs, allow disabling of buttons. For example, if my sword is bound to A and bomb is bound to B, then disabling B will prevent me from laying bombs, tossing a boomerang, or any other item associated with B. This is mostly useful for cutscenes when I don't want to waste ammo or worry about killing myself because I'm unsure what button to push.

Umm, pretty cool stuff.

Although, you can disable buttons. You can map stuff to different buttons and have at least 4 selectable buttons with some work. You can have all the evil robot weapons easily with scripts and jump without the rocs feather. At some point you should be able to assign script A too ffc 1 and script D to ffc 2, and script E-J to other slots, set a few numbers, and presto, custom boss!
Easily add a jumping enemy or a flying 2x2 enemy by the same method.

...Though it's not quite done yet.....You can see it's proggress in a thread around here somewhere....

DarkFlameWolf
03-04-2008, 08:41 AM
did you get Petoe's permission first before deciding to edit his quest?

Revfan9
03-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Well a good game would be nice.

Endarire
03-04-2008, 05:45 PM
DarkFlameWolf:

Petoe: "I will definitely seek your assistance in the English department [for future projects] as I can see you are so good at it" (this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1098832&postcount=322) near the end of this thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82838))

I also await reply regarding editing permission which I believe Petoe will grant.

ZeldaFan001
03-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Are you moving this quest to the new ZC version?

This quest and Dreams of Yesterday would be extra fantastic if it were converted and all bugs were fixed. There aren't too many game-stopping bugs, but their are a few in Mega Man that I remember like continuing puts you at the 0, 0 square later in the game like the volcano...?

There are some bugs that are minor but you shouldn't get rid of, like going into Level 6, then when you have switched the electricity off, you can get the power back on by entering, standing still, continuing, and being placed back inside the light part. There are some serious bugs too, like entering in the passcode, but when you quit and continue at a certain spot, you could see the very end of the game when the final boss wins!

Good luck on your conversion/bug fixing if you get permission.