PDA

View Full Version : Remember Knut?

Blisspath
03-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Knut was the polar bear born in a Germany zoo. He had to be raised by zoo caretakers because his mother had rejected him. The whole world fell in love with him and zoo attendance tripled. Remember when PETA stepped in to ask for him to be killed because animals shouldn't be forced to live in captivity? Now there is a brand new polar bear in Germany called Wilbaer. Polar Bears are cute when they are little but very big and dangerous when they mature. I saw one take out a walrus on a documentary once and those guys have like 8 inches of blubber for warmth and protection. We have a couple of polar bears at our zoo and they seem extremely happy sitting on their fat asses and eating free fish.:)
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/foreign/harrydequetteville/feb08/howlongwillwilbaersfamelast.htm

deathbyhokie
03-02-2008, 10:49 AM
a) Polar Bears are one of the few animals that will hunt humans.
b) BISEXAUL POLAR BAERS!!!

Archibaldo
03-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Fucking PETA. Always ruining the world.

phattonez
03-02-2008, 11:42 AM
But I must say, I do like their advertisements.

http://www.peta.org/feat/tracibee/bingham300.jpg

Beldaran
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
I'd like some round, please.

Aegix Drakan
03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Remember when PETA stepped in to ask for him to be killed because animals shouldn't be forced to live in captivity?

...and...Killing him instead of letting him live in a comfortable (if still in a cage) life is helping the bear....how?

...>_> Does PETA eat dumb for breakfast, or what?

MasterSwordUltima
03-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Bisexual Polar Bears is all I thought of.

Icey
03-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah, go PETA. Help me objectify women as I scoff at your goals and philosophy. Seriously, I hate fringe groups like this that get a lot of power... it makes every normal person who might share a central (although less extremist) view of theirs look nuts. Most vegetarians I know are not nuts (point: I never knew they were vegetarians until after I ate a few meals with them and noticed they never got good food). On the other hand, my brother once killed a rattlesnake while he was camping out in the mountains. He skinned it and made a belt with the skin then cooked and ate the flesh. Not only do I think that's badass, I also know it wasn't wasteful. Some girl in his lecture once went up to him and tried to start a fight because she thought he was cruel for wearing snake skin. Now those are the people that suck.

rock_nog
03-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Well, that was an ineffective ad. All they really did was make meat sexy. How's that supposed to encourage me to be a vegetarian?

Beldaran
03-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah it just gave me a boner and made me want to go to McDonalds.

rock_nog
03-02-2008, 08:58 PM
McDonald's? What the hell man? That crap is so processed, you can hardly taste the suffering at all.

Beldaran
03-02-2008, 09:04 PM
McDonald's? What the hell man? That crap is so processed, you can hardly taste the suffering at all.

I'm a poor college student and McDonald's is like 1100 ft. from my apartment.

But yeah McDonald's is fucking disgusting, but whatever. It satisfies a craving every now and then.

EDIT:

Knut today (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=524382&in_page_id=1770)

Dechipher
03-02-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm a poor college student and McDonald's is like 1100 ft. from my apartment.

Tru Dat

rock_nog
03-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Well, if you ever stop being a poor college student, refer to this - http://youtube.com/watch?v=bxIYUMxiraE&feature=related

I apologize for the clothing, by the way - it was the 80s, what are you gonna do?

phattonez
03-03-2008, 12:13 AM
PETA sees no difference between us and animals. And why should they? It's not like we can manipulate ecosystems, use tools effectively, think, reason, talk, etc.

Breaker
03-03-2008, 04:17 AM
Several individual animal rights activists, aka morons, protested for his death... not PETA.