PDA

View Full Version : ZC working for the psp?

Plainodd
03-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I was wonering, (Even though ZC portable was said many times!) if you could place the ZC launcher in the psp's game folder and play it? That would be real awesome I could play my custom quests on the go. This thought came to me when I remembered that I was going on vaction in 2 weeks,(The 15th) so I needed get this confirmed so I don't end up blowing up my psp!Well, not blow up but, I just wanna know if the psp's buttons make Link move and Attack. Ive seen this done with flash games, by opening up the file through the Web Browser.... Would that work?

The_Amaster
03-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Well, I heard that a friend of mine got an operating system to run on his PSP, and if you did that, you might be able to.

But just copying ZC to the PSP probably wouldn't work.

erm2003
03-02-2008, 11:25 AM
The problem will be the PSP's limitations with memory. It will more than likely not be able to handle running ZC at all.

Pineconn
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I was ready to bellow, "No no and no!" to you, but at least you realized that many people have suggested making ZC portable. ;)

Basically, there's enough going on with ZC at the moment. Bugs with the "computer version" (quotation marks since ZC is on the computer only) are being reported left and right, but I imagine some dev will mess around with porting ZC onto another system when 2.5 is officially released.

Plainodd
03-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Yea, I guess your all right, but I bet one day, some guy will hack his quest into psp format and map the controls to the psp buttons.... But, that's a huge hope and probally wont happen for awhile.

Plainodd
03-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Also, there is a Windows XP emulator that works on all versions, if the emulator alows mapping buttons to fit the psp like hot keys, it might work preety well, but I would like this confirmed although, my vacation has ended already.(I don't usually post right under my own post!)

cbailey78
03-26-2008, 05:26 PM
You might wanna consider this!

http://www.surfersam.com/funny-pictures/portable.jpg

jman2050
03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
32MB of memory = it's not gonna happen without some substantial recoding.

Russ
03-27-2008, 10:13 PM
32MB of memory = it's not gonna happen without some substantial recoding.
Well, if somebody were to use, say, ZC 1.0, and just play the first, second, and third quest, wouldn't it work, given that 1.0 doesn't use near as much memory?

Revfan9
03-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Then why not just use an NES emulator? O.o