PDA

View Full Version : [758] Increased Crash Rate?

Ebola Zaire
02-29-2008, 11:50 PM
I haven't had ZQ crash on me in a long time, but today it crashed twice, and the second time it corrupted my file. If anyone else is getting unusual crash behavior, I'd like to know. I wonder if this has anything to do with making large default...?

Also, is there any way I can restore my quest? >_< I got header error.

Gleeok
02-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Also, is there any way I can restore my quest? >_< I got header error.

Do you have autoBackup enabled? ALWAYS make backups. I've had a few corruptions but never lost any work thanks to this handy-dandy gizmo. ;) ..If so, just go to file->open, then select Quest backups as the file type, open the backup, then save as a .qst file.

Also You can switch to small mode under options.

Ebola Zaire
03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
I did have backups, but I still lost a lot of work... anyway, I know about small, but I prefer large mode and have been using it for a while.

_L_
03-07-2008, 01:10 AM
It'd be nice if I had some idea as to what event immediately preceded the crashes.

Nicholas Steel
03-07-2008, 06:10 AM
does zquest print to allegro.log? could you not make zquest print EVERYTHING that happens in it? then recreate the log file each zquest session?

Ebola Zaire
03-09-2008, 11:33 PM
It'd be nice if I had some idea as to what event immediately preceded the crashes.Well, that's the thing- it just happened randomly, like when I'd minimize ZQ and then bring it back up, or it'd just happen as I worked. :shrug: As far as I've seen, there's no reliable "trigger" that will crash it.

does zquest print to allegro.log? could you not make zquest print EVERYTHING that happens in it? then recreate the log file each zquest session?Ummm... what? Sorry, not exactly computer savvy... but if you could explain how I could get to a log after it crashes, I could supply one... given that it crashes again. It might have just been really bad luck. :shrug: If no one else notices a difference with the new build, then I'd just call this a fluke.

Russ
03-09-2008, 11:46 PM
I have noticed an increased crash rate recently in the player itself. Ever since 718, it seems to be crashing. But it only does it on certain screens of certain quests, and it will crash every time I enter that certain screen. What should I do with the whole allegro log thingy?

Nicholas Steel
03-10-2008, 12:24 AM
well, it would allow the devs to work out crashes in zquest more easily. since at the moment they depend on the author of the quest explaining what they did to make the quest get corrupted.

the OP made a post in regards to zquest and not zelda classic (player).

Gleeok
03-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I have noticed an increased crash rate recently in the player itself. Ever since 718, it seems to be crashing. But it only does it on certain screens of certain quests, and it will crash every time I enter that certain screen.

Is it a quest with scripts on that screen, or a 1.90 quest, or a quest from an earlier beta? These things might be useful. ;)

What should I do with the whole allegro log thingy

Umm, maybe post it. :p

Nicholas Steel
03-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Yea, oops ;) you would post it on the forums and the developers would look at it and go :O maybe that function doesn't work like i thought !

Russ
03-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Is it a quest with scripts on that screen, or a 1.90 quest, or a quest from an earlier beta? These things might be useful. ;)

Umm, maybe post it. :p
First, it is a 2.10 quest. Second, how exactly do I get the allegro log?

Nicholas Steel
03-10-2008, 08:26 PM
the allegro.log is automatically generated every time you play ZC and info on ZC starting up and any errors you get will be printed in it. just open it with a text editor and post it's contents in a [quote] box.

Russ
03-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Okay, I'll do that next time it crashes.

Dark Nation
04-21-2008, 07:59 AM
No update in over a month=Limbo.