PDA

View Full Version : Guns Yes..Vibrators No!

Blisspath
02-29-2008, 07:45 PM
In other news...guns are OK in Texas and Alabama but sex toys are illegal:)
http://www.abovethelaw.com/2008/02/sex_toys_still_illegal_in_texa.php

Icey
02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Typical slippery slope arguments.

This just shows how hard it is to make general laws though. They ways in which they can be applied is just ridiculous... which is why laws should be very specific.

I am for reasonable gun control and reasonable sex toy control. Set legal ages at which someone can by them, run a background check before someone buys a gun, and stuff along those lines. Restricting it completely isn't the best idea.

MasterSwordUltima
03-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Its not hard to make your own sex toys, ya know.

Beldaran
03-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I happen to know you can buy sex toys in Texas, regardless of their legality.

MasterSwordUltima
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM
You can also buy drugs in essentially every state, reguardless of their legality as well.

Beldaran
03-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah but they don't sell marijuana in stores. There are sex stores in Texas that sell sex toys out in the open and the cops never do anything.

Icey
03-02-2008, 08:04 PM
There are stores in California that do the same thing, except they claim you need a card to get medical marijuana. People abuse the system like hell and get someone to forge a card for them. And as for actually smoking marijuana, it happens everywhere around a campus and on it. No one really gives a shit (rightly so I think).

MasterSwordUltima
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Wait, what!? There are buildings that sell marijuanna as a regular good? Holy shit, I need to tell Masamune this.

erm2003
03-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Alabama is currently the only state that still outlaws the selling of sex toys.

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202904864073

Ich
03-03-2008, 12:02 PM
We do not have a constitutional law protecting the right to bear vibrators. If they're going to have terribly backward laws in Alabama, they're going to be violating something much more nebulous like freedom of expression. The second amendment is a much more clear-cut case.

I think it would be much funnier if they had laws regulating how large the sex toy could be, so that women "don't get unreasonable expectations" or something. People obviously want them, and the stores have to pay taxes. Why do the lawmakers care what people do in their bedrooms?

rock_nog
03-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Because lawmakers are elected by people who care about what other people do in their bedrooms. And here's the great mystery - I was gonna blame religion for this one, because it's always religious people who are so damn concerned about what everyone else is up to. However, though my Biblical knowledge may be a bit rusty, I just don't think there was a passage wherein Jesus instructed his followers to be all up in everyone else's business.

EDIT: Also, I'm thinking we need a Constitutional amendment here.

zables
03-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow... You know, living in Canada and traveling to the US for work (and Texas more often then not) i never would have guessed that anywhere would outlaw the selling of sex toys. All i have to say is that governments do some retarded things. Not that it would be anything new of course ;)

Jenny
03-06-2008, 01:47 PM
what? no vibrators?! EVIL!!

lol jk

pretty stupid to even have a law like this though. its like saying "you cant use good smelling shampoo in Texas anymore!"

I wonder what even happend to "America, land of the free"