PDA

View Full Version : Border Fence Postponed

Blisspath
02-28-2008, 10:17 PM
The plans to build a 28 mile fence along the US-Mexican border have been put on hold because of "technical difficulties" WTH we can't even build a fence?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/27/AR2008022703747_pf.html

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Truth be told, this is supposed to be a techno-special fence. ...But why the building of this fence has been delayed three years baffles me.

The only logical explanation is that the Pineconn Dollar is on the rise, lowering the value of the USD. How unfortunate.

Dechipher
02-28-2008, 11:04 PM
The only logical explanation is that the Pineconn Dollar is on the rise, lowering the value of the USD. How unfortunate.

Oh god, now it's spilling out into other threads...

rock_nog
02-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Oh hell man, don't even get me started. Look, my family lives on the border - and now, all of the sudden, the goddamn government require passports to go into freakin' Mexico! Of all places! *sigh* I mean, does anyone even stop to consider how that might affect commerce in border towns?

Icey
02-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Nevermind that in some places they want to build the fence straight through people's living rooms. Even if I weren't against the reasons for builiding it in the first place, that is pretty ridiculous. I remember reading about some ranchers saying building a fence there would put them in no man's land and destroy their livliehood; they were militiamen too.