PDA

View Full Version : Scientist: Terrorists May Use Robots in Future Attacks

Prrkitty
02-28-2008, 12:41 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333091,00.html

Quote: Terrorist groups may soon deploy killer robots against unsuspecting civilians, a British researcher warned Wednesday.

Professor Noel Sharkey of the University of Sheffield, in an address given to a defense-oriented think tank in London, pointed out that combat robots, or "autonomous weapons systems," were already being used by several countries.

------------

Hey Darthy... does this mean that Dr. Who's enemies are now also the USA's? LOL!!

I love watching Dr. Who. But ANY of the Dalek episodes used to drive me nuts when I had to listen to them and the noises they made.

me2
02-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Terminator did 9/11! Thanks Fox News!

Icey
02-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Any weapons technology can be used by anyone who has the resources to develop it or access to pre-made stuff. That said, the "terrorists" we're all thinking don't, at this point in time. But could, in a theoretical sense, this eventually happen? Sure. Should we piss our pants about it? No. Should the people developing these systems be especially cautious? Yes.

Does presenting questions to yourself and then answering them with a yes or no answer make you a douchebag? Yes.

Heh, sorry for the style of this post, I just realized it was... less than desirable =/

Modus Ponens
02-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Beldaran will reply to this thread.

Shyvus
02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm not at all suprised.