PDA

View Full Version : Link palletes I need help

bluedeath
02-27-2008, 12:08 PM
I forget how to change links pallete colors, because I am trying to import a different link into my quest but he comes in multi colored and retarded looking.
How can I rip the palletes from the Picture?

King Aquamentus
02-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Link is an interesting case because to see any changes in Zelda Classic you will need to change his colors under SPRITES, rather than the basic main colors section. changing the one under main colors is still good measure, but does almost nothing for you in terms of the actual game.

You can quickly view your results for all of Link's outfits by looking up Game Icons, which should also be under graphics or quest somewhere. You can't edit them from game icons though (to my knowledge.), so to avoid headaches, be sure you've edited them all you can in sprites before looking at them in game icons.

Joe123
02-27-2008, 04:14 PM
urm...

Go to the Main Palette, and put the cursor over CSet 6.
Then press 'Grab', and 'File' and select the image you're grabbing from.
Then select the correct CSet, and press 'OK' or whatever, and it'll copy over.

For the ring palettes, go to ESP1, and I think they're 6,7 and 8.
Might be 7, 8 and 9 though, I forget.

Don't know what Old-Skool's saying about the game icons for though, they were Link in the original LoZ, but they can be completely independent now.
If you want to view something in a CSet other than the main palette, you use the 'Load to CSet 9' function, not Game Icons.

EDIT:
Extra Sprite Palette 1

0 - Aquamentus (l/r)
1 - Gleeok (x heads)
2 - Digdogger (x kids), Dodongo (with cset fix), Dodongo (BS)
3 - Ganon
4 -
5 -
6 - Link with Blue Tunic
7 - Link with Red Tunic
8 - Link with Gold Tunic
9 - Game Icon 1
10- Game Icon 2
11- Game Icon 3
12- Game Icon 4
13- Gleeok 2 (x heads)
14-
15- Patra (BS)

bluedeath
02-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey thanks for the help XD

King Aquamentus
02-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Don't know what Old-Skool's saying about the game icons for though, they were Link in the original LoZ, but they can be completely independent now.

You can view link's alternate pallettes through Game Icons. Use them to preview how he'll look in the game with new clothes.

Joe123
02-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Or you can use 'Load to CSet 9' and then you don't need to mess around with Game Icons...

And you get to view the entire spritesheet instead of just one tile.

And there's no obligation that your Game Icons will be Link. I know mine aren't.

King Aquamentus
02-27-2008, 10:42 PM
You can view the entire spreadsheet from "Game Icons" anyways.

Joe123
02-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Ah, when you're selecting the tile?

Well fair enough.
Still makes more sense to use the intended feature however.