PDA

View Full Version : N+

Matteo
02-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Get this game.

I know its a free game on the PC, but the Xbox Arcade released it with full multiplayer support for Xbox Live.

The gameplay is just awesome. You basically run, jump, etc around a self-contained screen like a maniac trying to get to the goal and pick up more time capsules. It plays like a mixture of Jumpman and NSMB on acid.

I believe it is also coming to the DS soon as well.

AlexMax
02-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Just letting you know now, 99% of AGN probably doesn't give two shits about this game, since it's not Nintendo or a transplanted Nintendo franchise.

I, on the other hand, ended up getting this game because I have awesome taste in games. Send me a friend invite so we can compare scores.

Cloral
02-27-2008, 03:26 PM
I've been playing this at work (where I downloaded it for free :D) and it is totally fun. Some of the levels are really frustrating, but then once you finally finish them it is so satisfying. I've also made up my own level, but sadly I'm on PartnerNet and not Live so I can't upload it for everyone to see.

And I wouldn't be so quick to assume that everyone here is a big Nintendo fanboy. Sure this is a Zelda-related site so there are lots who like Nintendo. But that doesn't mean they're immediately going to disregard everything else.

DarkDragoonX
02-27-2008, 04:43 PM
I've mentioned the original a few times in the past, and it's definitely a great game. I finished the PC version long ago, though, and I really can't justify buying it on the Xbox just for a multiplayer mode.

gdorf
02-27-2008, 06:16 PM
I love n. I didn't hear it was coming to the DS but I'll buy it the day it comes out.

Beldaran
02-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Get this game.

I know its a free game on the PC, but the Xbox Arcade released it with full multiplayer support for Xbox Live.

The gameplay is just awesome. You basically run, jump, etc around a self-contained screen like a maniac trying to get to the goal and pick up more time capsules. It plays like a mixture of Jumpman and NSMB on acid.

I believe it is also coming to the DS soon as well.

Since I can't read your fucking mind, I don't know what NSMB means. Clarification?

rock_nog
02-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Well, he either means "New Super Mario Brothers," or he's referring to the "N***a stole my bike" meme on YTMND. Your guess is as good as mine.

Beldaran
02-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Whoever invented acronyms can KMA.

Modus Ponens
02-27-2008, 11:10 PM
So... okay, I've just downloaded and played some of N, but I can't for the life of me find a game called N+. Do you have a link I can use?

AlexMax
02-28-2008, 12:37 AM
I've mentioned the original a few times in the past, and it's definitely a great game. I finished the PC version long ago, though, and I really can't justify buying it on the Xbox just for a multiplayer mode.

It also has 50 new episodes worth of single player levels alone (also 5 episodes worth of tutorials, 10 for race, 10 for survival, and I believe there are unlockable challenges after you beat the first 50 episodes) and looks much nicer with scalable vectors instead of bitmaps.

If it makes it any more palatable, just think of it as $5 going towards N+, and a $5 donation to the authors for how much ass N regular kicked.

Matteo
02-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Yeah I meant New Super Mario Brothers, with all the wall jumping and great platforming elements.

I assumed everyone knew what NSMB stood for; considering we are all Nintendo fanboys :p

Beldaran
02-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I've never heard of "New Super Mario Brothers", and, though I think Nintendo is cool, I'm not a fanboy. Heck, I don't even have a wii or a DS.

DarkDragoonX
02-28-2008, 02:39 PM
It also has 50 new episodes worth of single player levels alone (also 5 episodes worth of tutorials, 10 for race, 10 for survival, and I believe there are unlockable challenges after you beat the first 50 episodes) and looks much nicer with scalable vectors instead of bitmaps.

If it makes it any more palatable, just think of it as $5 going towards N+, and a $5 donation to the authors for how much ass N regular kicked.

Ah, I wasn't aware of all the new content... I thought it had a few extra levels, but I was under the impression that it was primarily a straight port.

In that case, I'll end up getting it sooner or later.

Breaker
02-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I played the trial and it is very fun. I'll be getting it in the next few days after I move into my new apartment.

Matteo
02-29-2008, 02:33 AM
I've never heard of "New Super Mario Brothers", and, though I think Nintendo is cool, I'm not a fanboy. Heck, I don't even have a wii or a DS.

It was a tongue-in-cheek statement.

I was just trying to go along with Alex's and Cloral's earlier statements about Nintendo fanboyism on AGN , and was attempting to be witty... (failed to do so)

New Super Mario Brothers is a 2D sidescroller similar to SMB3 or SMW; its on the DS and it utilizes alot of wall jumping.

Prrkitty
02-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Can someone please provide a link ... please and thank you :)

Cloral
02-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Here's a review I found:

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1474/N/p1/

AlexMax
03-01-2008, 04:23 AM
Apparently N+ is selling ridiculously well for an indie game

http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=870