PDA

View Full Version : How To Behave On An Internet Forum

Blisspath
02-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Some good lessons to be learned from this video:)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Xs8HWN6UyE

beefster09
02-25-2008, 11:43 PM
I sent it to my friend. He never reads forum rules. I just never read the license user agreements. (does anyone?)

Starkist
02-26-2008, 01:54 AM
At first I figured that most of that should be obvious. Then I remembered the people who populate the Internet.

There is no hope.

Nicholas Steel
02-26-2008, 03:28 AM
found it a bit hard to understand what he's saying... damn brit should speak s..l..o..w..e..r

Feasul
02-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Yeh I agree lolz0rz!!!!11!!ONEONEONE
The Hitler thing made me think of my moral philosophy class last semester. We were discussing relativism and someone brought up the Nazis and the professor laughed, cause while he acknowledged them as a valid example, using them in an argument has about the finesse of the A-Bomb.

Aegix Drakan
02-26-2008, 09:54 AM
I just never read the license user agreements. (does anyone?)

I just scan through them to make sure there's nothign that says "We can invade your computer at any time if we want" or, "we reserve teh right to you personal bank account" or "by clicking OK, you surrender you soul to us"

:P Best to be safe.

And Starkist, you're quite right. There IS no hope. For every noob, there are always a dozen others.

The_Amaster
02-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Yeah, most forums have their rules copy-pasted, and even if they don't it's always a variant on "No spamming, no trolling, no advertising" with a few specifics.

I just scan through them to make sure there's nothing that says "We can invade your computer at any time if we want" or, "we reserve teh right to you personal bank account" or "by clicking OK, you surrender you soul to us"
See, most people don't however, which is why it's my backup plan for world domination. If my robot armies fall, then I just hack Microsoft Word or such to include the above. And it's all perfectly legal. :D