PDA

View Full Version : Mommy, wow! I'm a big kid now!

moocow
02-24-2008, 08:55 PM
For the past three years, my parents have been running my life. On the 12th, my dad screamed at me because I punished my child. That was the last straw, I guess. I should have left in September when my mom went crazy and punched me, threw shit at me and dumped my desk over. But I didn't. I just decided that I couldn't possibly take it anymore, and within a week my boyfriend and I were signing the lease to a two bedroom garden style apartment.

It's small, but cozy. So far the only rooms that are done is the bathroom and kitchen. We moved in on Friday and there's still boxes everywhere. It's hard to unpack and chase around a 3 years old who thinks he's Spiderman. But so far so good. I'm happy, and I'm already getting along with my family better than I was.

My next door neighbors are good friends of mine (known them for two years or so, pretty cool fuckers), and right down the hall is another good friend/the girl who I met Aaron through (his cousin, lol). So, it's all good. I'm close to friends, I'm on my own and I get to do what I want, basically.

That is all. Pictures when I get the internet at the crib.

MoonCheese
02-24-2008, 08:57 PM
I left my parents' house very soon after I turned 18. They live in a rural area with no schools or job opportunities other than farmer, plus their town is very lower-class and riddled with crime.

Prrkitty
02-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Time heals all... try not to be angry but be strong enough to do for *your* family what YOU must do.

Parents can't live your life for you and nor can they live their life thru you. Remember that for when Bladen grows up hon :)
<hug>

Icey
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Congrats on the new living arrangements. I'm sure it should be better for everyone concerned and, like you mentioned, you'll get along with everyone better as well now that you have some breathing room. From your post it sounds like you made a very good decision, so I'm happy for you.

Gerudo
02-24-2008, 10:55 PM
i feel you. i get shit on sometimes, but nothing like that.

i'm gonna be lookin for a new pad here sometime soon. when is a mystery.

Lilith
02-25-2008, 08:02 PM
---

erm2003
02-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Congrats on the new apartment! I hope things continue to work out better with the family.

Brasel
02-26-2008, 02:19 AM
Awesome. Have fun building your new life. I'm sure that things will start to turn out better for you. Just keep you head up and keep on trucking. Congrats Moo.

vegeta1215
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Good luck with your new place mooie. I'm eager to see pictures.

I live at home still, but I get along with my parents. (plus I love our dog so much) I'd like to get my own place sometime, maybe later this year, but I need to learn to cook and take care of myself before I jump right into a lease.