PDA

View Full Version : Lego Unreal Tournament 3 Level, Video

MottZilla
02-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSLpId6bvE

I think it's pretty sweet. Makes me wish I had UT3.

Nicholas Steel
02-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Thats pretty sweet LOL. everything blows up just like you think it would =)

Radium
02-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Now I have to go buy that game.

Beldaran
02-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the guns in Unreal Tournament are getting so bizarre and huge as to just look stupid? It's just dumb. I think a regular old gun looks better than some throbbing blob of metal and pipes that shoots ephemeral balls of electric snot.

Nicholas Steel
02-25-2008, 05:15 AM
they have the option (or at least in UT 2004) to scale down the weapon models. i agree that so far only the weapons in UT look good. the later games use weird freaky models.

MasterSwordUltima
02-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't think they could have used a better song for that.

AlexMax
02-27-2008, 11:55 AM
That looks like quite possibly the only fun anyone has ever gotten out of the Unreal Tournament series.

Too bad that Half Life 2 wore the "PHYSICS!!!" gimmick thin about 4 years ago. Meanwhile, if you're looking for a good deathmatch game, Quake 3 and Warsow are still the best choices.

MottZilla
02-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Lots of people have had fun with UT. I don't give a shit about Half Life myself.

Beldaran
02-28-2008, 12:29 AM
I had fun with the first couple installments of Unreal Tournament, way back in the day. Also do not give shit for Half Life. Annoyingly vague plot + contrived use of physics + bland combat.

KingArthur
03-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Plenty of people still enjoy the UT series, i miss the ripper though ;-;

Breaker
03-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Now I have to go buy that game.

buy software? wtf

AlexMax
03-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Okay, now that I actually own Unreal Tournament 3 through Steam's "Unreal Pack" (which included the entire Unreal series, 3 included), I can say this definitively:

If anyone suggests that you buy or play UT3 with them, they probably hate you.

It is seriously the worst looking, worst playing, most boring, and bad excuse of a console ported FPS I've played in a very long while.

Radium
03-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Well, I still haven't bought it. Now as for worst looking, what type of machine are you running it on?

Breaker
03-24-2008, 12:46 AM
UT 2003 was my favorite.

AlexMax
03-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, I still haven't bought it. Now as for worst looking, what type of machine are you running it on?

It's not the "graphics" that is terrible, it's the art direction. It doesn't run very well on my computer, true, but I've seen the game in action totally maxed out and running at a smooth clip, and it still looks like shiny brown dogshit compared to Unreal Tournament 2004.

The colors are muted, the visuals lack contrast, the architecture is overly complex and distracting, the assets look like Gears of War rejects, the guns somehow manage to top Quake 4 in the department of worst weapon designs ever, the user interface itself was clearly designed for the PS3 first and the PC second (the server browser is especially lol), the designers are STILL trying and failing) to tack on a single player to the game, the list goes on and on.

Whats worse is the lack of decent content, the levels from a level design standpoint (when you strip away the glamour and glitz) range from mediocre to beyond horrid, the sucessfull onslaught gametype is replaced with the confusing and retarded warfare, no invasion, no bombing run, no features to facilitate competative play at all*, and the list goes on and on.

The entire damn game just feels like one big afterthought, like the devs were phoning it in and not even trying. If you want a new decent deathmatch experience, save your money, and wait for Quake Live with the rest of the deathmatching community.

* and I'm not talking about the retarded 'e-sports' phenominon, I'm talking about features that make life easier for people who want to play in community tournaments and ladders when they get tired of noobing it up in public servers, features that have been in Quake 2 tourney modifications since the late 90's

MottZilla
03-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I think you're right Alex, UT3 does seem like cutting room floor Gears of War assets. I really like UT2k4 though. Someday I'll see UT3 for myself and decide but I'm in no hurry. Still the lego level rocks.