PDA

View Full Version : ZC quest got seriously ****ed up

bobrocks95
02-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I made some minor changes to a quest I was working on, then loaded it up in ZC and everything was screwed up. The guy was outside(on a screen with a house and a CORRECT tile warp set up), I couldn't move up past the guy, and when I entered the house that he would normally be in, it warped me to the top of the house room with a random CSet and bats floating around. I haven't even set ANY enemies up in my quest at all. What happened? All I recall changing is switching to the latest beta, 742, is this a bug in that?

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Which is why you should use 2.10 until 2.5 is released. :tongue:

_L_
02-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Here's how to fix it:
* Open the starting DMap in the editor.
* Go to the Flags tab.
* Check the following boxes:
- Use Caves...
- Special Rooms And Guys...
- Allow 3-Stair...
- Allow Whistle...

And I'd like to know: what is the Level number of the starting DMap? Is it 0? And what version of ZC did you switch from?

bobrocks95
02-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I didn't have any problems with other betas. And like I said, we need to start raising support for 2.5 betas to get it released sooner.

It's set to 0, overworld type, and I switched from 737. I'll try the fix really quick and see if it works.

EDIT: That fixed the problem, though I'm not sure why. I had the bottom 2 checked, with 'Use Caves instead of Item Cellars' unchecked and 'Use Special rooms and guys in caves only' unchecked. So if I had no caves and guys and special rooms NOT in caves only, how did this fix the problem? Is the item cellar room type broken?

DarkDragon
02-24-2008, 02:24 AM
If you have a backup of your old quest, try loading it into the latest build again. Do you still get corruption? If so, please post the quest, as I'd like to take a look at why your flags are being reset.

Deviance
02-24-2008, 11:44 AM
I made some minor changes to a quest I was working on, then loaded it up in ZC and everything was screwed up. The guy was outside(on a screen with a house and a CORRECT tile warp set up), I couldn't move up past the guy, and when I entered the house that he would normally be in, it warped me to the top of the house room with a random CSet and bats floating around. I haven't even set ANY enemies up in my quest at all. What happened? All I recall changing is switching to the latest beta, 742, is this a bug in that?

Well when you start ZC 2.5 alpha's It warns you that it's an alpha and corruption can occur...

bobrocks95
02-24-2008, 12:03 PM
If you have a backup of your old quest, try loading it into the latest build again. Do you still get corruption? If so, please post the quest, as I'd like to take a look at why your flags are being reset.

I don't have a backup unless you count timed saves (QB0, QB1, QB2, QT0, QT1, QT2), though as I said, changing the two flags _L_ mentioned fixed the problem. I recall changing a couple flags on the DMaps, so that must have screwed it up.

_L_
02-24-2008, 11:10 PM
So if I had no caves and guys and special rooms NOT in caves only, how did this fix the problem? Is the item cellar room type broken?

The "Item Cellar" warp type is also known as the "Cave/Item Cellar" warp type.

bluedeath
02-25-2008, 07:48 AM
I couldn't move up past the guy.

You can't walk past guys.;)