PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Editor: O/S/E Tiles, W, H?

ScaryBinary
02-23-2008, 11:16 AM
...er...what do these mean? :confused: It seems that these let you select the animation tiles for your enemy, but I'm not exactly sure what they do. All the Wiki says is:

Select the tiles your enemy uses. To make your enemy animate, make the frames into individual tiles in sequence. Select the first tile, then set the number of tiles in the W field.

So W is kind of like the A.Frames in the Combo editor. What's H? How do I define the North/South/East/West tiles with only 3 tile fields? Are East/West automatically flipped?

Gleeok
02-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Let's see;

O = old enemy tiles. (quest rule "new enemy tiles" off)
S = Shieldless darknut tiles.
N = New enemy tiles.

*I only bother to set the graphic of "N".

W & H are Width and Height of the block of enemy tiles that enemy uses. (For use with "overwrite protection" on tiles) -This is rather annoying imo, so I usually just set this to 1.

ScaryBinary
05-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Turns out I'm still confused by this. :tongue:

So I was looking at the "Octorok (L1, Slow)" in the Enemy Editor. For the "E. Tile", "W" is set to 6, "H" is set to 3, and "E. Anim" is "4-Frame 4-Dir + Firing". When I click on the E. Tile, I'm taken to the tile page, and there's a whole friggin' screen of Octoroks (using the Pure tileset).

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5391/lotsooctoroksaw1.gif

But on second glance, the "slow octorok" has 3 rows of tiles, and each row has 4 north-facing tiles, 4 south-facing tiles, 4 west-facing tiles, and 4 east-facing tiles.

So I think this all ties into the "4-Frame 4-Dir" animation, but I wanted to make sure. 4 frames per each of the 4 directions would be 16 tiles (the whole first row of Ocroroks on the tile page?)...but I don't know what the other two rows are. Are they the Firing animations? How does ZQuest know to use the other two rows?

:confused:

Russ
05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I think Zquest knows to use those rows because Octoroks enemies always use three rows. But I could be wrong. I never really got any of that stuff. So when I make custom enemies, I just copy the setup for tiles exactly like it is for the hard coded enemies.

_L_
05-03-2008, 12:49 AM
So I think this all ties into the "4-Frame 4-Dir" animation, but I wanted to make sure. 4 frames per each of the 4 directions would be 16 tiles (the whole first row of Ocroroks on the tile page?)...but I don't know what the other two rows are. Are they the Firing animations? How does ZQuest know to use the other two rows?

The first row is standard animation. The last two rows are the firing animation - before and after.