PDA

View Full Version : adding more "guys"

skaarj[warrior]
02-21-2008, 10:45 AM
In version 2.10, is it possible to add more "guys" (as in: moblin, zelda, old man etc.)? I would need that because in the storyline of my quest, many different people make an appearance. The way I'm doing it now is by replacing the image of a guy (that doesnt need to appear) with the image of the character, but I'm running out of guys.
Or is there another possibility? Essentially I just need a fixed tile with the character and something that triggers a string.

thank you!

Gleeok
02-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Set the tile of a guy to be "blank", then simply add the combo of any graphic you want to use on the screen. After all isn't that all the guy is anyway? You just need to off one of them to have as many as you want.

skaarj[warrior]
02-22-2008, 04:54 AM
uh that's cool, thank you!
I should check out tutorials more before I ask questions ^^

I have another question and don't want to add another thread: actually it's more a bug I think but I don't know if it's my computer or ZC.
There are some midis which, when I use them in the quest, make the _succeeding_ midis sound all screwed up. Has this happened to anyone else? The midis continue sounding wrong until I restart ZC. Maybe I got the settings wrong with the loop and start etc.?

bobrocks95
02-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Are you using 2.10? I'm fairly certain that that's the deadly 'MIDI error' bug, though correct me if I'm wrong.

skaarj[warrior]
02-22-2008, 02:03 PM
yes exactly im using 2.10

can I somehow prevent this / is there any pattern? maybe by editing the midi file somehow?

Russ
02-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think there is any way to avoid it. However, if you pause ZC, minimize it, and then bring it back up and un pause it, it should work. That is, until it gets stuck on another note.

Joe123
02-22-2008, 02:33 PM
:rolleyes:

Don't use 2.10, use 2.10.2.

It's the same version, just bugfixed up.

bobrocks95
02-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh, you mean it's where a high note hangs over until the song loops again? You should be able to just open the menu then close it to get rid of the hanging note.