PDA

View Full Version : Have Item = Open Door

Tykk
02-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Alright I'm really new to ZC but I'm getting the hang of it. I can't, for the life of me, find out how to set the flags to where once you have the sword(any) Flag 79 I believe, when you walk onto a specific map there will be a door open because you have the sword. Gosh that's confusing >.<

Ok, so, you start on Map 00, right two screens takes you to the sword. When he comes back to Map 00 I want the tree that's there to expand into a dungeon opening.

I am using version 2.10 if that makes a difference. Any help would be appreciated. ^.^

Tykk

Russ
02-21-2008, 02:08 AM
When you use the sword flag, it will only respond if you hit the flag with the sword. Have you read Alphadawg's tutorial? If not, I suggest you do. There is a thread called "Get Alphadawg's Tutorial Here" in the quest editor help forum. You can get it thre.

The_Amaster
02-21-2008, 06:34 PM
If you were to move to a 2.5 beta, this would be really easy to script.
However beta's can be buggy at times. You may want to think about it.

Joe123
02-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Ooo, have you learnt ZScript Amaster?

The_Amaster
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Enough to get by. ;) Something complex I couldn't handle, but for this all you need is to check if Link has the sword when he enters, and if he does...
wait..how would you make the entrance appear. Do combo properties apply on FFC's? Because if so, just set one to Walk Down, and have the script move it.

Joe123
02-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh well, yes they do, but doing it like that is probably a bad idea.

FFCs are more like sprites really, so making one into more of a background isn't something that I'd advise.

You could either change the actual combos on the screen, or you can change the auto-doors tool via script.

The_Amaster
02-21-2008, 06:56 PM
You could either change the actual combos on the screen
Ah, so you can do that. It was my first thought, but for some reason I thought you couldn't. Out of curiosity, how?

Joe123
02-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Screen->ComboD[ComboAt(x,y)] = new_combo_ID_number;

bobrocks95
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
All I know is how to copy and paste scripts into my quest:scared:

Russ
02-21-2008, 08:48 PM
All I know is how to copy and paste scripts into my quest:scared:
I know just simple stuff like if loops and declaring variables and stuff like that, but it's enough to make a working day and night system, so I'd say I know enough about ZScript to be pretty well off.

Joe123
02-22-2008, 03:49 AM
There's not too much more than that really.

I think when you get further into it, it's understanding more complex comands, and letting maths do the work instead of having lots and lots of logic statements.