PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced music

bluedeath
02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Enhanced music is somthing that plays mp3's in your quests right? Does anyone know when this will be implemented, noone get annoyed with me for questions that I ask? I have been getting alot of that lately.

XMuppetSB
02-20-2008, 09:23 PM
*Removed the unimplemented Enhanced Music menu item.
* Renamed the Alternate Music label in the DMap editor to Enhanced Music.

The unimplemented Enhanced Music menu item probably won't be implemented until after 2.50.

Russ
02-20-2008, 10:04 PM
And we can all through a giant party when it does get put in.

Nicholas Steel
02-20-2008, 11:47 PM
The DMap editor's Enhanced Music still functions as intended i think..

Russ
02-21-2008, 02:10 AM
The DMap editor's Enhanced Music still functions as intended i think..
Yes it does, but it's a pain to use since the Mp3 has to be in the same folder as the quest for it to play.

Nicholas Steel
02-21-2008, 04:28 AM
it's only a pain for users who are too dumb to learn about file management.

bluedeath
02-21-2008, 09:31 AM
If I post the quest with mp3 files in it, do I have to post the quest with the music files along with the download? If thats the case there will be alot of space in my quest, unless I wait until the enhanced music function gets put in

Revfan9
02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
It's one of those features that the developers planned a long, long time ago in a galaxy far far away, partially implemented it, but then stopped caring.

Either way, the enhanced music feature works just fine as it is (Even though controlling the volume on them would be nice imo, they always play really quietly). If someone can't figure out how to put the MP3 in the same folder as the quest, then they shouldn't be using computers -.-

Russ
02-21-2008, 08:56 PM
If someone can't figure out how to put the MP3 in the same folder as the quest, then they shouldn't be using computers -.-
It's not that I don't like. It's that:
A. They are huge files and make the download a lot longer
and
B. All of the Mp3s I want to use are ones like the epic final boss battle that I don't want anyone to here until they're battling the last boss.

Revfan9
02-22-2008, 12:38 AM
The filesize problem can easily be solved by offering the music as a separate download. MIDIs can just as well be used for the version that has no MP3s. That aside, wouldn't integrating them into the quest just make the problem worse because you can't even give the MP3 pack as an option?

If you don't want people to hear that final boss music, then why don't you just give it a random hash name? It's pretty much impossible to tell what kind of music that is outside of the music's tone, and is it honestly a problem? Music is an accessory to the game anyway.

Russ
02-22-2008, 04:12 AM
Music is an accessory to the game anyway.
To me, music is the thing that keeps the game running. Without it, the game ceases to exist.

bluedeath
02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
It's not that I don't like. It's that:
A. They are huge files and make the download a lot longer
and
B. All of the Mp3s I want to use are ones like the epic final boss battle that I don't want anyone to here until they're battling the last boss.

Exactly, I am having that same problem, which is why I made this thread..