PDA

View Full Version : link tiles

Master Maniac
02-17-2008, 04:06 PM
i got an amazing idea for a cool quest, but first i need to know, is it possible to make link tiles use 4 tiles intead of 1 to make a bigger link?

Plissken
02-17-2008, 04:58 PM
You can have a 2 x 2 tile sized Link by hitting the X button twice I think while selecting a Link sprite. But these do require some special setup, checkup on this topic if you want to do it.

http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34579

Master Maniac
02-17-2008, 05:40 PM
oh dear god this will be fun... so i have to use 6 tiles to make a working big link? and the bottom one in the middle is the one i check for the animation.

and also, which button is it? x or b? in the thread it said x but here you said b.

Plissken
02-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Oops, it's X sorry about that. *goes to edit*

And it's 7 tiles for the animation not 6.

Master Maniac
02-17-2008, 06:06 PM
sorry lol i meant a 6 tile block for each frame of animation. and put an extra tile away from the edge for some odd reason that i dont really understand. thanks a bunch!

Russ
02-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Just remember, don't make Link too big. The enemies are still 1x1 after all. You don't want Link towering over enemies Link darknuts and looking Ganon straight in the eye do you?

Master Maniac
02-17-2008, 09:25 PM
lol no of course not. that just looks strange. but i do need help now... because im not exactly a brilliant artist. see i was trying to make the mascot for the band "disturbed", except without the mouth and the chains. so basically a guy with a hood covering his face and very muscular. could i bug anyone here to help me out with that? pleeease??? ive tried drawing him myself, but im no good with small details, especially in ZQ. i looked in the loose tiles at purezc and i cant find anything near what im looking for.

if nobody wants to, its fine. just asking. ill give you full credit for it in the quest too... if the quest actually gets off the ground.