PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Isle of the Winds

LightWorlder
02-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Ok, Level 1. I've gotten to the boss, which is two Aquamentis. However, I do not have the magic shield, as the shop that sells it doesn't display the items, except on the table. And I only have 3 hearts, meaning that, even with a potion, I cannot defeat both. The statues shooting fireballs aren't helping things either (I'm not saying they SHOULD). How do I defeat the boss(es)?

DarkFlameWolf
02-17-2008, 08:46 AM
arrows are your friend.

Nicholas Steel
02-17-2008, 09:33 AM
so are bombs... what version are you playing the game in? shop items shouldn't be inaccessible in that quest.

LightWorlder
02-17-2008, 09:40 PM
arrows are your friend.

D'oh! I thought arrows wouldn't work on those things...Thanks!

so are bombs... what version are you playing the game in? shop items shouldn't be inaccessible in that quest.

Oh, the other shop's items are accessible, it's the one with the shield that isn't.
I'm using the Lost Isle Build to play it if that helps.

bobrocks95
02-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Yet the Lost Isle Build is not what the quest is supposed to run in. Please follow the most basic rule of Zelda Classic and USE THE RIGHT BUILD.

DarkFlameWolf
02-18-2008, 07:24 AM
well, I've played Isle of the Winds in the Lost Isle build, no real bad side effects from what I can tell EXCEPT: if a Like Like eats your magic shield, you then have NO SHIELD until you buy another magic shield. But if a Like Like eats you and you have no magic shield, then you're okay and retain your small shield. Weird

LightWorlder
02-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Yet the Lost Isle Build is not what the quest is supposed to run in. Please follow the most basic rule of Zelda Classic and USE THE RIGHT BUILD.

I'm sorry, I have Vista, and "THE RIGHT BUILD" as you call it (if you're talking about 2.10) does not work for me.

bobrocks95
02-18-2008, 08:42 PM
It's not in 2.10, it's in 1.92 b183, which I'm not sure if 1.92 or its betas work on Vista.

LightWorlder
02-18-2008, 09:22 PM
well, I've played Isle of the Winds in the Lost Isle build, no real bad side effects from what I can tell EXCEPT: if a Like Like eats your magic shield, you then have NO SHIELD until you buy another magic shield. But if a Like Like eats you and you have no magic shield, then you're okay and retain your small shield. Weird

Well, I don't have the magic shield yet.

I used the arrows and beat the dragons, so now I'm looking for Level 2.

Nicholas Steel
02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
the latest (2.5) alpha's are vastly more stable then any 2.11 alpha.