PDA

View Full Version : Warp checking

Plissken
02-15-2008, 11:47 PM
I have a screen that changes after 20 seconds and for every 5 seconds (so four times) you must hit a combo with the boomerang and if you hit it the timed warp continues on as normal. But if you don't hit that combo by 5 seconds then the second warp information kicks in instantly (or pitwarps, I'd prefer it to be an ista warp but not have Link change his position.) So heres some examples: First 5 seconds you've hit the combo, second 5 seconds you've hit the combo, third 5 seconds you've hit the combo, and last 5 seconds you've hit the combo, so now the timed warp kicks in. Another example: First 5 seconds you've hit the combo, second 5 seconds you've hit the combo, third 5 seconds you haven't hit the combo, so the 2nd page of tile warp information kicks in warping you elsewhere.

Gleeok
02-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Couldn't this be done with an if-else screen sequence, or timed warps and teired secrets?

...well it's easier to flip those examples the other way around I think for scripts. For example: If a script delay is set to 1200, and...wait a minute. Why not just use teired secrets??

Plissken
02-16-2008, 12:12 AM
I've been asking around for different ways of doing this and have heard of nothing. But...how would I use tiered secrets for this? Like...ummm...yeah I'm just not seeing a way. If you could describe it I'd be extremely grateful.

Gleeok
02-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Howabout setting each timed warp for 5 seconds on 4 screens, and then using secret combos to warp Link to each screen upon triggering the boomerang flag?

Plissken
02-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Well, then when the secret flags are activated once you hit the boomerang flag you would warp right away using direct warps, which kinda messes up the 20 seconds thing. If I could make it so that hitting the boomerang flag causes the secret flag types change from Direct Warp [A] to Direct Warp [B] (using scripting) that could work, would be a lot more simple also but I don't see a way to do this with tiered secrets or what you suggested.

Gleeok
02-16-2008, 01:58 AM
ffc script timed_warp{
void run(int dmap, int screen, int delay){
while(true){
Waitframe();
if(delay>0)delay--;
else Link->PitWarp(dmap,screen);
}}}

Well maybe I'm not sure exactly what your asking, but if you use this with "ffc carry over" flag, there should be no reason to not make any kind of timed puzzle in zc using timed warps and/or secrets work.

Note: You need one screen with the "no carry over ffcs" flag to end this script so Link doesn't warp to the "bad" room.

Plissken
02-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Ok that works great thanks cause I really needed another timed warp on that screen, but now is there anyway scripting or not to hit the boomerang flag and then cause FFC 5's information? Or someway to cause me to delay a direct warp until right before 5 seconds? Like 299 frames instead of 300 for 5 seconds?