PDA

View Full Version : How do I play a quest?

PongoTerkSpikey
02-14-2008, 03:47 PM
I know how to download a quest, but how do I get it on my Zelda Classic program and play it.

The_Amaster
02-14-2008, 06:31 PM
This thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59715). ;)

rockko
02-14-2008, 06:47 PM
well you play with keyboard or gamepad? no matter, go zc classic, choise you name, then you must used one of the key of the keyboard or gamegap to go to custom quest. push again the same key, then go to anoher screen.there you can choose brouwse and select custom quest.

PongoTerkSpikey
02-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Now I know how to get to the quest file selection, but I still can't play it because the quest I downloaded is not on the quest file selection after I hit browse when I press A twice, so how do I get it on the quest file selection.

When I download a quest, it's a zip file.

PongoTerkSpikey
02-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Please delete this reply, I accidently posted the above reply twice

Pineconn
02-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Unzip it by double-clicking on it. If you can't unzip it, download a program like WinZip (http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm). Also, make sure the quest file is in the Zelda Classic folder.

PongoTerkSpikey
02-19-2008, 08:37 PM
How do I get to the Zelda Classic quest folder, I been searching my entire computer for it, can't find it. When I put a Zelda quest folder icon over my Zelda Classic icon, it will tell me: zelda-w has encountered a problem and need to close.

The_Amaster
02-19-2008, 08:40 PM
It should be under Program Files -> ZC 2.10.

bluedeath
02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Make sure you extract the quest before you try to open it.

PongoTerkSpikey
02-29-2008, 02:11 PM
I still can't play a quest, do any of you guys live in or near Pensacola or Fort Walton Beach, Florida if you do then can I come over or you could come here to my house here in Navarre, so you can show me how to load a quest or see what I need to have, please I would really appriciate this.

Pteryx
02-29-2008, 06:24 PM
I still can't play a quest, do any of you guys live in or near Pensacola or Fort Walton Beach, Florida if you do then can I come over or you could come here to my house here in Navarre, so you can show me how to load a quest or see what I need to have, please I would really appriciate this.

One thing to know about the Internet in general: it's rare for one to encounter people from the same state, let alone the same county.

To put this in simple terms:

* Zelda Classic should be in a folder in your Program Files folder, which is probably on your hard drive (a large internal storage device that came built into your computer), which is probably called the C drive. Some versions of Windows hide the contents of the Program Files folder by default, so you may have to show them. There is typically what looks like a link in the folder's window that allows you to do this.

* Once you have located the folder in which Zelda Classic is, you will want to put the quest in there in uncompressed form. When you download a quest, it's almost always compressed, typically in .zip format. This reduces size, but makes the file not directly readable. There are so many programs for unzipping files that it would take a long time to list them all, but find one and pick one. (Have you at least been taught how to use a search engine?)

* The quest will not unzip itself. You will have to open the zip file with the unzipping program. Make note of where the program said it put the file, go there, and drag it from there into the folder with Zelda Classic. Once the file is uncompressed, you don't need to keep the compressed version anymore.

* Now you can use what we call ZC (zelda-w -- zquest is something else, a creation utility) to load the quest. Register your name as in normal Zelda, then hit A twice with the cursor on the new file. You should get a normal dialog box in which you can select the quest.

cartman1208
03-25-2008, 10:35 AM
What i do is take open the unzipped file take the quest and send it to ZC through my documents