PDA

View Full Version : Need a... 'poof' script.

Dark Nation
02-14-2008, 08:58 AM
I need a script that will draw an animated puff of smoke (like when enemies appear on the screen) at Link's location. This would be tied to an item. Use the item and you get a puff of smoke. I'd do it myself, but I'm lazy. :(
Or, if someone already has a script that does something similar that I could quickly modify, that would work, too.

Joe123
02-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Surely you could've done this in about 5 minutes :confused:

int poof;

const int ptile = 0;
const int pcset = 0;

global script globalscript{
void run(){
while(true){
if(poof > 0){
if(poof <= 25) Screen->DrawTile(3, Link->X, Link->Y, ptile+5-Floor(poof/5), 1, 1, pcset, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, true, 128);
poof--;
}
Waitframe();
}
}
}

item script poofer{
void run(){
poof = 25;
}
}

EDIT: Oh yeah, at the moment there are 5 frames of animation that each last for 5 frames.

Dark Nation
02-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the script.

Surely you could've done this in about 5 minutes :confused:

I'd do it myself, but I'm lazy. :(

Joe123
02-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow, you really are lazy =P

Dark Nation
02-14-2008, 11:49 AM
You got no idea.

C-Dawg
02-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Time to code script: bout 5 minutes, I bet.
Time to post in this thread: More than that.

Is it a bad thing when ZQuest's main programmer (is DN still in charge?) expresses laziness in coding?

Oh, and you could simplify the script a bit by using combo animation. Then all you do is have an item script that moves the FFC to link's location and sets it to a combo. Combo animation takes care of the animation and clearing. This script is actually already in Zodiac (unpassworded, everyone should have my scripts) and I use it with the arrow item for exactly the effect DN is asking for.

Russ
02-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Is it a bad thing when ZQuest's main programmer (is DN still in charge?) expresses laziness in coding?

No. It just shows that he is to busy coding other stuff to do this script. I think. I hope.

Gleeok
02-15-2008, 10:37 PM
The job of a great leader is to delegate command to his trusted and able subordinates. It's merely coincidence that the duty of an exceptionally lazy person is exactly the same. Isn't that right?