PDA

View Full Version : Paralyzed man dumped on jail floor; cops suspended

Prrkitty
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/13/wheelchair.dumping.ap/index.html

The fifth paragraph has a link to the video of the incident. I'm just in shock that a police officer would literally dump someone out of a wheelchair... EVEN if she didn't believe him.

Their conduct should be punished with nothing less then their firings. Even those that were just on-lookers.

Russ
02-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow. How could they do that to a paralysed man? It seems so cruel.

mrz84
02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I actually saw this on the news this morning. I was shocked an appalled by it and felt that the guy was seriously mistreated. I heard that the officer in question was put on suspension without pay and everyone else was suffered some sorta offense as well that I can't remember for the life me. :kitty:

Aegix Drakan
02-13-2008, 05:56 PM
...Assholes.

You don't just DUMP a freaking handicapped guy on the floor! That's just plain unacceptable. I don't care WHAT the guy did, there is no way anyone deserves that.

...I hope that sherrif lady gets her ass fired. If we have jack-assed, idiot people like her on the force, then I worry about the safety of the world.

Modus Ponens
02-13-2008, 06:11 PM
<splitting hairs>They called him quadriplegic in the video and on the site, but really he's paraplegic.</splitting>

Oh, and, uh, yes, despicable, that.

Prrkitty
02-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Supposedly he can't feel anything below his chest/sternum. In one report I read that two of his ribs were broken but he didn't/couldn't feel it.

---
http://www.thescizone.com/questions/articles/5/1/Whats-the-difference-between-a-paraplegic-and-a-quadriplegic/1.html

Quote: Quadriplegics lack the ability to move their arms and legs, and some may require a Ventilator to breathe. Paraplegics have an injury further down the spinal cord and experience a loss of sensation and movement in their legs and in part or all of their trunk. In many cases, there is some use of their hands or arms. Depending on the extent of the injury and whether the damage is permanent, there may be a loss of bladder and bowel control.

The Desperado
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I love how everyone just watches and no one ever comes to the mans aide. They should all be fired.

King Aquamentus
02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
In case you started thinking our police force was correcting itself...