PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of the Great Seal of the United States Revealed

Prrkitty
02-12-2008, 05:38 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330388,00.html

WASHINGTON — Conspiracy theorists take note: The myths surrounding one of America's oldest and most enduring national symbols are about to be debunked ... if you believe the government, that is.

The keepers of the Great Seal of the United States, the emblem on the back of the US$1 bill, want you to know what it is not. It is not a sign that Freemasons run the country, it has nothing to do with the occult, and it does not contain clues to a fabulous hidden treasure.

It is rather the nation's stamp of authority, sovereignty and power, gracing cash and embossing the most important of documents from its home at the State Department, which has held it since the days of Thomas Jefferson, the first secretary of state.

------------

I knew there was a lot of controversy behind the symbols on the backs of our money... but I didn't know much of what was posted in this article.

Very interesting article...

bigjoe
02-12-2008, 07:32 PM
I think I'm more frightened by the fact that Rice is now the custodian of it. Who knows what awful misinterpretations could happen. It could end up meaning that one day, Jesus will appear and do a hurricane kick, but it will be ineffective against Chuck Norris.

Russ
02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Finally, I can find out what the seal means! Thanks for posting it.

Prrkitty
02-13-2008, 12:39 AM
NP russadwan. I thought it was very interesting when I found the article. So I shared :)

mrz84
02-13-2008, 03:47 PM
I always wondered what that thing was...now I know. *expects some GI Joe guy to pop up and say "and knowing is half the battle" but remembers that this isn't Family Guy*

Feasul
02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
I've always thought that if the conspiracy theorists were right, then the Freemsons are extremely stupid for putting their map to the treasure on a dollar bill. You'd think they'd just keep the map locked up somewhere.