PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout a religious debate?

Beldaran
02-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Kidding.

I'm sorry I got all pissy and stopped posting. I wasn't so outragously mad at my infraction that I quit posting, really. I quit posting because I was acting like an ass ( a correct, logical, scientific ass... but an ass nonetheless). Whenever an activity starts becoming a magnet for the brittle, acerbic parts of my personality I feel it's good to either quit or take a long break. Perspective and a cool head are the best friends of a scientific worldview. =)

Anyway, Riverman linked me to a post of his the other day and I started lurking and then Shadowblazer's dark claws re-materialized in my soul. I may post a little bit now. [feels the supple glow of addiction bubble through his nervous system]

Ah yes... the forums.

BTW god is fake. :scared:

phattonez
02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
So what were the odds on Bel coming back?

Prrkitty
02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
*hug* Welcome back Bel... :) Sometimes distance makes the heart grow fonder. :)

rock_nog
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Huh? Hooray! Of course, from my personal perspective, I never really believed you had left, and so in my mind, anyway, you were here all along. And in the end, isn't personal truth more important than objective truth sometimes? No, wait, you still never posted or anything. Damnit! Oh well, great to have you back, man!

Modus Ponens
02-12-2008, 05:00 PM

Zero (0).

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Dang it, I was ready to rent-a-mod that this isn't the right place to have a religious debate. ;)

Welcome back, Beldaran, if you're staying for real.

deathbyhokie
02-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Welcome back Bel.

Atheism is fake. It has no evidence. :waggle:

bigjoe
02-12-2008, 06:01 PM

That's something I like to go over on my "Bel Coming Back" calculator while I wear a "Bel Coming Back" brand T-Shirt. Maybe have some "Bel Coming Back" soda to top it all off. Just Cherry Cola with "Bel Coming Back" painted over it in stylized letters. So yeah, I was kind of waiting fervently for Bel to come back. Posts are so much more interesting to read, that I'm less likely to post. Which is a good thing.

Atheism is fake. It has no evidence.

Most atheists take the stance that the need no evidence and that God basically disproves itself.

My standpoint is that we all descended from awesome robot battles. Except at some point the robot battles changed into robot sex as a result of individuality having more likelihood to survive.

Imagine if there were a universe with little gravity where every single atom were connected to one another, and our own was just electricity pulsing through that. Our inability to be connected to all data in the universe due to interruptions such as gravity and limits to the speed of light will prevent anything God-like from forming any time soon. Unless the laws of space and time were to suddenly change. Which, if history is to go by, they won't.

erm2003
02-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Bel, welcome back! I am glad you decided to return. I have always loved seeing your POV on things.

XMuppetSB
02-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Welcome back. It's great to see you return, Beldaran. :)

Dechipher
02-12-2008, 06:36 PM
That's something I like to go over on my "Bel Coming Back" calculator while I wear a "Bel Coming Back" brand T-Shirt. Maybe have some "Bel Coming Back" soda to top it all off. Just Cherry Cola with "Bel Coming Back" painted over it in stylized letters. So yeah, I was kind of waiting fervently for Bel to come back. Posts are so much more interesting to read, that I'm less likely to post. Which is a good thing.

Most atheists take the stance that the need no evidence and that God basically disproves itself.

My standpoint is that we all descended from awesome robot battles. Except at some point the robot battles changed into robot sex as a result of individuality having more likelihood to survive.

Imagine if there were a universe with little gravity where every single atom were connected to one another, and our own was just electricity pulsing through that. Our inability to be connected to all data in the universe due to interruptions such as gravity and limits to the speed of light will prevent anything God-like from forming any time soon. Unless the laws of space and time were to suddenly change. Which, if history is to go by, they won't.

Dammit. I always think you're Dracula because of your avatar.

Welcome back homeslizzle.

Beldaran
02-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Like I said, I started lurking... and then I'd see a topic or something that I wanted to post in and I thought "oh wait, I'm not posting any more..." and at that point you're just 'not posting' in order to be stubborn so what's the point.

Russ
02-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I thought you were gone. Well, welcome back.

BTW that's not a real good way to announce your return. Especially since you are wrong.

Beldaran
02-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I thought you were gone. Well, welcome back.

BTW that's not a real good way to announce your return. Especially since you are wrong.

O RLY? (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/facetious)

This isn't a debate thread, so I don't have time to crush your delusional mindset with my logic hammer.

Aegix Drakan
02-12-2008, 09:35 PM
*sees beldaran's name, and freezes*

So, you're back, eh? :P I have to give you credit, you DID stay true to your word for a decent length of time.

Well, welcome back.

and then Shadowblazer's dark claws re-materialized in my soul. I may post a little bit now. [feels the supple glow of addiction bubble through his nervous system]

:P *points to sig*

The_Amaster
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
I can honestly say that it's good to have you back man.

BTW God is fake
I swear on my life, I read that as "God is cake"

Beldaran
02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
"God is cake"

For some reason, I think this would make a great t-shirt.

Aegix Drakan
02-12-2008, 10:00 PM

...*falls over laughing*

Russ
02-12-2008, 10:07 PM
:laughing: :rofl:Gosh that was funny.

likesallusions
02-12-2008, 10:35 PM
God is not fake. Why is it that you think that? Please tell me!

(..."God is cake"...? I lol'd at that.)

Beldaran
02-12-2008, 10:49 PM
God is not fake. Why is it that you think that? Please tell me!

That would be better for a separate thread. This thread was created for me to say "hi!" to you guys.:)

likesallusions
02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Heh, okay. Fine! :tongue:

Hi! Welcome back!

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 11:15 PM
:)

Who are you, and what have you done with the real Beldaran?

likesallusions
02-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Lol ^_^

(Truth be told, I don't know Beldaran at all, but hey! I still welcome you back.)

deathbyhokie
02-12-2008, 11:58 PM

So wait. Does that mean God is a lie too?

Also Bigjoe, sarcasm friend. When have you ever seen me get in a religious debate, excluding when i first joined and was an idiot?

Yoshiman
02-13-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm kinda surprised this thread hasn't turned into a religious debate... Yet.

Ignoring that, glad to see you posting again, Beldaran.

Woah, I think I just realized some huge religious connections within a certain game. All companions end up with the cake in the afterlife. :o

Dechipher
02-13-2008, 12:49 AM

Ignoring that, glad to see you posting again, Beldaran.

Woah, I think I just realized some huge religious connections within a certain game. All companions end up with the cake in the afterlife. :o

It keeps trying to, but Beldaran stops it at very turn.

Which is fine by me.

Archibaldo
02-13-2008, 01:21 AM

What's that? God is a Pie? How can he be a pie and a cake?

Modus Ponens
02-13-2008, 01:41 AM
How can he be a pie and a cake?

It's called the Divine Mystery, and many theists have their own theories about its answer. Some say that He is a pie some of the time and a cake at other times. Others claim that He is a pie when he performs certain activities and a cake for others. There are those that believe that He appears as a cake through the eyes of the righteous and as a pie through the eyes of the sinful. There are still others who look at the definitions of "pie" and "cake" and draw the conclusion that some things can be both.

Personally, I think God is neither a pie nor a cake; rather, I feel that God lives among us, reporting the news in France (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=%22M%C3%A9lissa+Theuriau%22&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=2).

Gleeok
02-13-2008, 02:06 AM
I though god is the nitrous oxide in cans of whipped cream? So god comes before pie, right?

Oh, and, welcome back Beldaran.

Beldaran
02-13-2008, 02:16 AM
I feel that God lives among us, reporting the news in France (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=%22M%C3%A9lissa+Theuriau%22&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=2).

http://www.reagentinct.com/wp-content/uploads/homer_drool.gif

Icey
02-13-2008, 03:30 AM
Welcome back Bel! I would make this post longer, but I need to go give Riverman some positive reputation now...

rock_nog
02-13-2008, 04:31 PM

Also Bigjoe, sarcasm friend. When have you ever seen me get in a religious debate, excluding when i first joined and was an idiot?
I do believe you're on to something there.

God is cake.
The cake is a lie.

Therefore, we can conclude that God is a lie. Who says atheists have no proof?

Russ
02-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Therefore, we can conclude that God is a lie. Who says atheists have no proof?
I say atheists have no proof!

Beldaran
02-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I say atheists have no proof!

I have no proof that unicorns are imaginary, therefore unicorns are real.

http://unicorns.com/images/products/unicorn-puzzle.jpg

phattonez
02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
I think it's hilarious that now people are egging on Bel.

likesallusions
02-13-2008, 08:15 PM
How many of you have read the Bible and know of all the historical fact that has been proven by Christians and non Christians alike? If you want proof that God does exist, which he does, then there is plenty. And also, what are you going to lose by believing in him? If you don't and he is here, then you will probably suffer the rapture and wrath of God sometime later, and if you do and he isn't, then there, so there.

phattonez
02-13-2008, 08:28 PM
I've always hated that argument that you should believe in God for safety.

likesallusions
02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Well, I heard it once from someone else, but they had a point. I don't believe in God for safety, I believe in him becuase he's real, living. He's as real as humans, birds, Earth, the Sun, water, etc. Heck, there was a bumper sticker I saw on the big bang, and was something like On the first day, God said let there be light, and Bang, there it was! Something like that. ^_^

Beldaran
02-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I'd be happy to discuss this with anyone, and I promise to be at least moderately polite. However, it really is more appropriate in another thread in the Religious Debate forum. This thread isn't the place.

Russ
02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I'd be happy to discuss this with anyone, and I promise to be at least moderately polite. However, it really is more appropriate in another thread in the Religious Debate forum. This thread isn't the place.
For once I agree with you. If this debate is to be continued, lets move it to religious debate.

Beldaran
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I'd rather this thread wasn't moved to religious debate since it is neither religious nor a debate. It's just me saying "hi" to people.

deathbyhokie
02-13-2008, 09:47 PM

I think you're just afraid of getting your ass kicked where everyone else can see it.

Better go hide it in a subforum, so no one can see the Pain Train making a stop at Beld's house.

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 09:50 PM
I really don't think that's what he thinks. I really don't.

It'd be fun to have a current old-school religious debate. (You'd understand what side I'm on by interpreting the first two sentences of this post correctly.)

rock_nog
02-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Wait, which god's wrath am I trying to avoid here? After all, there are countless numbers of gods in the world, and most of them have a nasty jealous streak and simply can't stand it when you worship someone else. So, in worshiping God to avoid His wrath, I just want to make sure I get the right one. If I'm not careful, I could just end up pissing him off even more than I already have by not worshiping anyone.

Beldaran
02-13-2008, 11:41 PM
I think you're just afraid of getting your ass kicked where everyone else can see it.

Better go hide it in a subforum, so no one can see the Pain Train making a stop at Beld's house.

My response. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noeDdfjKMp8)

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 11:48 PM
In case that fails, you could use this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBIFvzhpiYE). Mine is a bit creeper, though. It's amazing what you'll find on YouTube. :eyebrow:

Ah, I smell a debate a-brewin'!

deathbyhokie
02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
My response. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noeDdfjKMp8)

My Response (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

-=SPOILER=-

Beldaran
02-14-2008, 01:06 AM

I accept your response, and tap my foot approvingly.

-=SPOILER=-

Icey
02-14-2008, 03:06 AM

This is the straw that will break the camel's back, I promise. Finally... ultimate proof: http://www.satireandcomment.com/0208toast.html

Daarkseid
02-14-2008, 03:11 AM

The youtube comments for that video are awesome:

WOW I just got owned. I was told this would be cute puppies. SNIFF.

Rick Rolled again...wish i was dead

I'm afraid if i watch this video too much (or get rickrolled too much) it might turn me gay...

4th time today...

biggiy05
02-14-2008, 07:50 PM

He said it him self. Keep the religious debate out of the thread and in the the forum where it belongs.