PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an AGN Expo event

Pineconn
02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
I've recently been scrolling through the QDB, completely in awe of all the quests nobody plays anymore. Obviously, some of them aren't too phenomenal, but some are gemstones. This situation gave me the idea of starting a project that brings us back to these forgotten quests

Each month, we nominate certain quests to be featured -- this is not to be like PureZC's Featured Quest of the Month contest. Instead, we look at older quests that don't get the recognition they deserve anymore.

Discuss! (Note: The AGNX has not ended....continue to submit your works!)

Russ
02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
I like the idea. Let's do it.

bobrocks95
02-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Ya, sounds great. Always looking for new quests to play(if ZC doesn't crash on me).

Pineconn
02-22-2008, 10:28 PM
All righty. This project will start on the first of April. First, we need to pick an older quest that really impressed you. Any nominations?

bobrocks95
02-22-2008, 10:33 PM
So we're looking for old classic tileset quests? *Quickly searches DB*

EDIT: The Legend of Zelda: Ages looks pretty nice from the screenshots, I'll have to check it out later.

EDIT2: Well, it has some nice custom sprites. Overall gameplay and quality is pretty bad though. Lots of minor things such as not being able to skip ahead in strings, not to mention bad grammar in them and the strings IN ALL CAPS.

Russ
02-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Zelda: Ages is pretty good. Plus, it was made be Peteo, one of the people who made Lost Isle. Or maybe End of Time. *Gets shot* I will say, it really impressed me. I'll search through the database and see if I can find any other ones.

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 03:28 AM
I, personally, will not allow End of Time to be featured. :p

I've never played it, but I've heard good things about James Quest. Is it any good?

Russ
02-23-2008, 04:09 AM
It seemed to be popular at Pure ZC. If I get some spare time, I'll try to play it.

I, personally, will not allow End of Time to be featured. :p

To bad, you're forbiding a very good quest from being featured.

Pineconn
02-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I really liked Link's Birthday. It had a lot of creativity for a quest of 2004 or earlier.

That's my official nomination.