PDA

View Full Version : Link to the Heavens Problem - Help?

Andrya
02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I downloaded Link to the Heavens. I've just been walking around the village, but it looks like it's going to be a great game. However, I am encountering a problem.

I cannot read any signs, talk to any people, or pick up bushes/pots. I've tried messing with the controller button options, no dice. Am I missing something? Please help me out as I really want to get into this game - thanks!

Russ
02-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Actually, those signs cannot be read, the people cannot be talked to, and the bushes cannot be lifted (although they can be cut with a sword). That quest was made with 2.10, which had many limitations. All of those thigns you asked about can only be done in 2.5, which is not out yet. Sorry.

Pineconn
02-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah, when playing through the quest, keep in mind that Zelda Classic is a clone and an improvement on the original Zelda. All the things you mentioned are capable in the third official Zelda game (obviously, A Link to the Past).

The only people you can talk to are the fishermen in Lake Hylia, the Zoras in Zora's Cave, and one person in the lobby of each inn. You simply walk up to them to trigger the conversation.

Andrya
02-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks, guys!

I have been walking around the village for literally the past hour or more. Can't for the life of me figure out what to do! I've been checking behind bushes, houses, I've bombed things including a wall in a house, tried bombing the enemies inside, all of this to no avail. Any advice you feel like giving me on how to proceed or to get something accomplished? Thanks again for the helpful and timely responses.

Russ
02-10-2008, 11:53 PM
To the north of the twon is a blue roofed house with a closed door. Climb up the cliff behind it and go through the chimney. And there is an official thread for asking questions about this quest. From now on, just use that one for questions.