PDA

View Full Version : Ok, if a show called "Video Games Live" comes to a town near you...

Aegix Drakan
02-09-2008, 07:58 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GAMING, GO SEE IT!

It's a concert of video game music, with a live orchestra and gamaplay footage/realted footage playing on a large screen above (similar to "PLAY!" I'm guessing.) :D And In my opinion, this show can be summed up in only 2 words: Effing awesome.

music I heard:

Tetris theme
Metal gear Solid
God of war
Myst
Beyond good and evil
Medal of honor
Starcraft 2 (:o)
Zelda
Mario
Sonic (They covered everything from Green Hill zone to the old theme song)
World of warcraft
Kingdom hearts
Halo 1-2-3 (complete with some random guy dressed as the master chief running onto the stage at the end)

They also called a few people up on stage for contests. :P One guy had to clear the first level of space invaders, but to move left and right, he had to RUN left and right (they were tracking him on stage). :P He failed horribly, but that's probably because he didn't speak any english, so he didn't understand WTF he was supposed to do (he DID take out the middle of the alien wave out very well, but didn't touch the ends at all). then, later, they had two people compete in frogger, to win a DVD from OCremix, that had EVERY SONG EVER UPLOADED ONTO THE SITE.

The guy co-ordinating the whole gig was really good. He really got the audience revved up.

:P Also, I'm sure some of you know who Martin Leung is? (for those who don't know, click the link) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZki6TcY4w)

He perfomed for us LIVE. He did a medly for the final fantasy series, and then came back out later to to his "blindfolded Mario medly" for us. Oh, and one of my friends got his autograph, and some pictures with him.

:P To top it all off, when the show was over, (and we'd given them a minute long Standing ovation) the co-ordinator told us that if we wanted an encore, to put our Portable gaming devices into the air for "One Winged Angel". (cue sound of over a hundred DSs and PSPs booting up all at once)

It was a great show. If it comes by your town GO SEE IT!!

Warlock
02-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Holy crap. $50 for a post-obstructed seat - that is, you're sitting behind a damn pillar (cheapest seats in the first one I looked at). What a ripoff. Though it looks like price depends on the place. Another one the cheapest was like $30.

It's not coming anywhere near me anyways :P

Aegix Drakan
02-10-2008, 12:07 AM
0_o Wha? my group all paid about 50-ish, and we got great seats. (balcony, dead center).