PDA

View Full Version : Requesting enemy to npc to enemy script

swordskid
02-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I was wonder if anyone could make a script that would get an enemy to act like a talkable npc but after your done talking to it it turns back into an enemy and the fight begins if any can make this for me I'd appreciate it

Gleeok
02-09-2008, 06:10 PM
You don't need a script for this. This has been done plenty of times pre 2.11+. What you do is make a screen and copy it twice. The first screen warps to the second->third, etc... Then on the second screen simply add the npc and a Screen->Message string and secret tiles that warp link to the third screen where you place an enemy flag and an enemy where the npc was. Simple, yes.

swordskid
02-10-2008, 12:47 PM
uhh... can you show me how its done?

Russ
02-10-2008, 01:05 PM
I can. Create two screen. Make one of them have a tile that looks like then enemy. Go to the tile page and delete the tile for the fire. On the room, select the guy to be the fire (since he is now invisible) and the string to be whatever you want the enemy to say. Put down direct warp tiles that look like the floor. Have them warp Link to the second room (which looks like the first). Place the flag "enemy 0" where the tile that looked like the enemy was in the first room, and select the enemy to be whatever enemy you want. And when you play it, the tile that looks like the enemy will talk, then Link will be waroped to the second screen (which looks like the first) and the enemy will fight him.