PDA

View Full Version : A Question

Cloral
02-09-2008, 03:57 AM
So for some reason, a group of idiots have decided that the parking lot right out front of my bedroom window is the perfect place to hang out and drink at night. My question is, how do I get rid of them? I want them to decide that they should pick a different spot to hang out so I can get some sleep.

Icey
02-09-2008, 04:33 AM
I think if people are making noise after 11 pm or 12 am in most areas you can call the police with a complaint and they'll be told they're disturbing the peace and told to shut up. Although I think technically you're supposed to try and intervene yourself before the cops can do anything.

Freedom
02-09-2008, 04:42 AM
So for some reason, a group of idiots have decided that the parking lot right out front of my bedroom window is the perfect place to hang out and drink at night. My question is, how do I get rid of them? I want them to decide that they should pick a different spot to hang out so I can get some sleep.

Start drinking up all their beer and bumming cigarettes, they'll move on fast enough.

Glitch
02-09-2008, 05:16 AM
Simply call the cops. You're not allowed to just sit in a apartment complex parking lot and get drunk.

elise
02-09-2008, 07:12 AM
put on some classic music and open the window so they hear it ;)

Brasel
02-09-2008, 10:12 AM
I honestly say to ask them politely to leave so you can sleep at night, and if they don't, then call the cops. You don't want to just call the cops on them if they don't realize they're bothering someone. If they give you a hard time, it makes it that much easier to call the police. I had a similar problem when I was in Georgia, and it didn't escalate to calling the police, they left and didn't come back after I asked them...and they all looked like a pretty hostile looking group...for a bunch of teenagers, but they were cool about it and left.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-09-2008, 01:23 PM
No, just call the cops. If you ask them to leave, they will assume it was you that called the cops when you are forced to do so.

And that can open up a whole new can of worms.

biggiy05
02-09-2008, 02:29 PM
No, just call the cops. If you ask them to leave, they will assume it was you that called the cops when you are forced to do so.

And that can open up a whole new can of worms.

How are they going know it's him who called the cops? It could be any number of people.

The_Amaster
02-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Heres what you do.
1.)Buy a spotlight.
2.)Mount it in your window.
3.) When they show up, shine it directly on them and refuse to turn it off.
4.) Sleep in peace and prosperity.

Shyvus
02-09-2008, 04:06 PM
How are they going know it's him who called the cops? It could be any number of people.

Association. Coral would have said something to them, so when the cops show up, Coral would be the first person in their mind.

put on some classic music and open the window so they hear it ;)

Or classic rock. Those two are the best way to get people with really loud cars to shut it.

But that also may cause trouble with your neighbors. If you're going to do it, start with classical. Less potential to offend.

ShadowTiger
02-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Put on some classic music and open the window so they hear it. ;)
That is exactly what I was thinking, elise. :highfive: :laughing: It worked when these four punk teen kids where walking slowly in the middle of the street, forming a line of cars behind them.

Pineconn
02-09-2008, 04:47 PM

Exactly.

Or, you could have fun with them. BB guns are relatively harmless, yet they can sting a bit. Pain = good.

Archibaldo
02-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Go out and try to hang out with them. Kids these days hate it when older people try to be cool and hang out with them. Or just you know, talk to them.