PDA

View Full Version : QTrax is officialy online !!!

Nicholas Steel
02-01-2008, 11:47 PM
http://www.qtrax.com/

post about what you think and/or like about this free service.

MasterSwordUltima
02-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Hmmm...sounds fishy. Theres gotta be a catch. Like its gotta have those stupid security things on it or something, so you can't play the songs you download unless you use a certain media player or something. Sounds too good, yo.

ValdostaElf
02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Great news! I downloaded it the other day and figured with the last minute wrangling with WB that the whole thing might get canceled. Honestly this is the recording companies only hope, that people will like the music enough to buy other licensed stuff..and this is great news for music fans. I think that this will result in more artists doing live gigs..that is what most musicians live for anyway.

Nicholas Steel
02-06-2008, 05:52 AM
there is no catch MSU. it is completely free MP3 files... maybe OGG files since MP3 requires money.

i have not got it to work yet... it just keeps looping the main page till it expires.

EDIT 1: it's working now :D
EDIT 2: just waiting for account activation now :S
EDIT 3: javascript aint working in the browser so i can't register and i frequently get taken to some oracle server java page. i have the latest sun java installed (J2SE). javascript works fine on all other browsers... also there "report a bug" feature uses javascript too.
EDIT 4: i found a "contact us" on the qtrax site and have reported the issue's, i will keep you informed.

Cloral
02-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Did someone order fertilizer? ;)

MasterSwordUltima
02-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I dunno frampa, just the fact that can't even get it to work. I have a feeling they'll be all "Weeelllll, maybe if you would give us a couple bucks it would help our support team to get this problem fixed" or whatever.

However, if it does work, and all that, I'll give it a try. I think I can convert ogg to mp3 with wavepad anyway [I haven't used wavepad in a while though, but it definitely converts a lot].

Nicholas Steel
02-07-2008, 01:42 AM
you can convert any audio so long as it is not played via directsound. just set your sound card to monitor wave out and then hit record in a recording program while the song is playing in another.

MasterSwordUltima
02-07-2008, 11:00 AM
So is this thing working now or what?

Starkist
02-08-2008, 01:28 AM
No.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/01/29/1249259