PDA

View Full Version : Timed warps and Room State Carryovers

Mega Link
01-28-2008, 09:20 PM
What are they, and how do you use them http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_images/pzcgreen4/folder_post_icons/icon14.gif

Russ
01-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Timed Warps: Set the amount of time in the screen data (in sixteeiths of a second). When Link has spent that much time on the screen, he is warped to wherever side warp A is set.

Room State Carryovers: These are simple. Set a screen in the screen data boxes for RSCs. When the secrets are triggered on the first screen, they get triggered on the screen that was set in the screen data box.

Joe123
01-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Just to clarify though, you have to set the coordinates in the box to be the map screen, not Dmap screen.

Mega Link
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks. That will make my sail boat script easier to do.

C-Dawg
02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Just to clarify though, you have to set the coordinates in the box to be the map screen, not Dmap screen.

Which is weird. The Map/DMap distinction may be starting to outlive its usefulness. I dunno. It confuses the hell out of newbies and appears to be mostly a hack designed to get the most out of a limited number of map space. Now we have virtually unlimited map space.

Joe123
02-02-2008, 03:24 PM
No, it's not weird.

I thought it was, but then you realise that the screen's data (such as flags and secrets) are loaded with the Map, not the DMap, so it makes sense that something that triggers secrets would carry over onto the Map coordinates.

At least, it made sense to me.